Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

I've been away the past week at a girls' camp with my church. I was a camp counselor, which means I helped run the camp and got to be over a cabin of girls (giving devotionals and gifts at night, getting them places on time, etc.). It was really an amazing and wonderful experience, which I wasn't expecting. I am sad that this was my last year (girls can go to camp every year for 6 years, 4 as a camper, 2 as a youth leader). I made so many great friends and learned so much about myself... But it is nice to be back in civilization and to have the internet. :P

Anyways... Hello again, everyone! :)

Detroit went bankrupt. :(

In the last 17 hours between the tie I slept and the start of a new day NST, only 6 lines of chatting was recorded in the IRC.

Popping in to have a read of the forums. Been very busy but I've officially finished my 2nd year of Uni and got a 2:1 overall :) very pleased. Lots of free time now to sit at my laptop on neo/TDN constantly :P

• 2 weeks later...

Just so you guys know, I will be away for a while. I'm going to another to state to visit some family. All of my pets are in the NeoLodge. I'm leaving on the 9th.

Just so you guys know, I will be away for a while. I'm going to another to state to visit some family. All of my pets are in the NeoLodge. I'm leaving on the 9th.

Have fun, see you when you get back! :)

I live in California. :D I love it here.

Got a bronze medal in the 2013 IMC. Not bad since no one got gold and only one got sliver in Grade 6 in the Philippine team.

Wildbreeze, i used to do that a lot. It's a great way of earning money.

In summer holidays i did a job where you had to keep kids busy while the parents are working. I was having so much fun, playing games and doing what i wanted, having the best summers of my life and getting paid for it too! (At home i would have to do boring chores like cleaning, so this was way better!)

I took piano lessons as a kid for 4 years, but in recent years, I haven't played or practiced much...

My mom left a book open on the piano, and for the past few days, I've been casually practicing a song by Bach.

Today I sat down, probably for an hour or more, and just flipped through the book and played and played and played. It's nice. I need to do that more.

I consider that still lucky Jade. I am still waiting for my first one on my 12 year old account. I haven't been on every day in those 12 years, but never stayed away for more then a month. I have been online and busy every day for the last 6 years but still none. I heard that younger accounts get more random events, so maybe that's why. I wasn't allowed to get online much when I started playing.

641 mm of rain in 3 days. X_X

We just cleaned up...so I wasn't online much the past 3 days.

And the rain was just from a monsoon.

I hope you won't get any more rain now for a few months.

That's just so much rain, is it normal for a monsoon? Or is it a lot for around there at this time too?

It's fairly normal here during monsoon season ;)

The problem with the weather here is that typhoon season and monsoon season hit around the same time, so even the tail-end of a typhoon 200miles off coast will get dragged into land by the monsoon. So basically most of the country was hit by a typhoon fueled by the monsoon rains, meaning it rained endlessly for 3 days, causing most major cities to be flooded with an avg of 4-7ft of water, since a few rivers run through and tend to overflow during the pounding of the monsoon.

Yeah, I don't think many rivers could swallow such an extra amount of water. Even if it rains endlessly for a whole week here, there won't be so much mm's of water. The "floods" here are nothing compared to it.

I hope you and your families are all okay.

It's fairly normal here during monsoon season ;)

The problem with the weather here is that typhoon season and monsoon season hit around the same time, so even the tail-end of a typhoon 200miles off coast will get dragged into land by the monsoon. So basically most of the country was hit by a typhoon fueled by the monsoon rains, meaning it rained endlessly for 3 days, causing most major cities to be flooded with an avg of 4-7ft of water, since a few rivers run through and tend to overflow during the pounding of the monsoon.

Thanks for explaining everything!

Our flood was 3.4 ft (+/- 0.2 ft) with my best estimate at street level.

I wonder why TNT made Lambert so hard?