Whats the worst you've ever hurt yourself?

behemothrules

When I was five, going on six, I became greatly ill and ended up in the ICU, and almost died. Doctors blamed it on my asthma.

When I was six I came close to having a concussion because I just fainted at school and slammed my head on the hard floor(oh but they said my brain was fine from that!). I fainted for some reason (the doctors never explained it thoroughly), but the doctors blamed it as something to do with my asthma. While I was in the hospital during that time, my mom and dad discovered that I liked things suddenly that I despised before (like vegetables, and mustard). Doctors said, but never admitted or proved, that I may of had a seizure during the time. I don't remember anything from that time (before and after), except for what my mom and dad have told me.

When I was twelve, I was bullied horribly in school and one of my bullies ended up shoving me and I fell down a whole flight of stairs. I fell the entire way, thankfully, on my behind. I ended up having crutches for a very long time (longer than the doctors thought I should had been on them). I was in pain so often that I was on medication as well. The doctors said my leg was fine, despite me having to have those crutches for so long. To this day, five years later, my legs give me more trouble than I think they should. They tingle quite often, even while standing, and sometimes they don't cooperate with me(like they'll just give out beneath me while I'm walking sometimes). My right leg, which sustained most of the damage, will lock up and give me immense agony when I sit or stand too long, even when I'm just waking up. I've gone to doctors about this and they claim nothing is wrong with my legs, but I think some nerve damage happened.

When I was fifteen I fell down our porch stairs because of my legs doing what I mentioned above. I sprained my ankle and almost broke my arm as I fell to the ground.

That's all. My goodness, my stories are nothing compared to some of these others! I wince at getting a papercut, I couldn't imagine having skin pulled up/off. @___@

All in all, I'd say that the worst I hurt was when I sprained my ankle because I had tried to walk it off and it felt like someone was slamming a hammer against my bone everytime I walked. It hurt extremely bad but it got better after a while.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, sit down a second. Got quite a few here...

Let's see, busted my face up very nicely when I flew off my bike face first into a ditch.

Fractured my collarbone when I tripped over a rock and landed on one of those metal garden liners.

Hairline fractured the other side of my collarbone climbing up a water slide.

Black eyes on two occasions.

Broke my pinky toe jumping over the couch.

Cut my right forearm open, running it against the sharp corner of my desk (scar remains :D)

I have a pretty big and bulgy scar from my friends trying to throw me in the pool, but I had weighted myself down and they ended up dragging my shirtless back against the ground.

Uhh... that's about it that I can remember. :D

I have thankfully never broken a bone. I plan to keep that streak for as long as I can :P I've had pretty bad burns in the past, once on the tip of a blowtorch that was just turned off (still have a weird scar on my arm), once I had an oven door fall shut on my arm, and various other burns including oil spatter and boiling hot soup. Oh, and that one time I cut the tip of my thumb off...

>_>

I had 2 herniated discs in my neck, both required surgery, 1st one 6 years ago and the 2nd this past September.. When they finally figured out what was wrong, I was losing the function of my right arm and the one disc was pushing INTO my spinal cord; I was about 2mm away from ending up paralyzed from the neck down.. They've had to remove both discs so I've got 2 bone grafts and a titanium plate 'n screws in my neck..

That's probably the worst injury I've had, but I've also had 6 or 7 concussions, broken both of my baby toes about 4 times each, "ring" toes on both feet, twice on the left, once on the right, fractured the top of my tibia (just below the knee), broken my left elbow, 9 surgeries in 20 yrs... Oh, it goes on.. I'm a total and complete clutz and I used to participate in a lot of sports (Soccer, Rugby, Track, Volleyball, Karate, Kickboxing and Muay Thai), I was ALWAYS getting hurt.. Been hit by a car 3 times on my bike.. Trashed (crashed :P) 98% of all the bikes I've ever owned.. Splashed fryer grease on my hand, the skin on my index finger looked like melted wax.. Cut the tip of my other index finger off.. Yep.. :D

I had 2 herniated discs in my neck, both required surgery, 1st one 6 years ago and the 2nd this past September.. When they finally figured out what was wrong, I was losing the function of my right arm and the one disc was pushing INTO my spinal cord; I was about 2mm away from ending up paralyzed from the neck down.. They've had to remove both discs so I've got 2 bone grafts and a titanium plate 'n screws in my neck..

That's probably the worst injury I've had, but I've also had 6 or 7 concussions, broken both of my baby toes about 4 times each, "ring" toes on both feet, twice on the left, once on the right, fractured the top of my tibia (just below the knee), broken my left elbow, 9 surgeries in 20 yrs... Oh, it goes on.. I'm a total and complete clutz and I used to participate in a lot of sports (Soccer, Rugby, Track, Volleyball, Karate, Kickboxing and Muay Thai), I was ALWAYS getting hurt.. Been hit by a car 3 times on my bike.. Trashed (crashed :P) 98% of all the bikes I've ever owned.. Splashed fryer grease on my hand, the skin on my index finger looked like melted wax.. Cut the tip of my other index finger off.. Yep.. :D

WOW. Wow. Wow. I'm just glad your discs have been fixed.

I'm still like 'wow.'

The worst pain I've been through is when I was 3-4yrs. I was being wheeled in my tricycle when my big toe got caught in the chain. And my toe kept moving forward as I was being pushed in front. Then it went deeper inside and got caught. I'm not sure what happened but I remember crying A lot and it hurt terribly.

Another time was when I was foolishly skipping and running sown the steps. I missed 2 steps instead of 1 and feel right to the bottom and hurt my tailbone. That was bad.

Ouch! Actually, they think it was a fall I had down some stairs that caused the original herniations. I got tripped up by my cat (appropriately named Darnit) and pitched backwards first, hit the back of my neck on the edge of a step then arse over tea kettle down the rest of the steps.. It was a LOT of steps :P

That must have hurt so badly.

What a name for a cat, lol.

Oh, this once, like a fool I was 'checking the sharpness for a pair of scissors' and and dragged my index finger down its blade. I thought I had done it really carefully but I ended up slitting my finger. Not very deep, but it was annoying.

Oh yeah, forgot this one, when I was a few months old, my mom was changing me, and when she stepped out, and i fell off the changing table right on my head. about a 3-4 foot fall. I do not remember it at all. :P

Broke both knees and my wrist in a car accident, couldn't walk for almost a year.

Ouch! Actually, they think it was a fall I had down some stairs that caused the original herniations. I got tripped up by my cat (appropriately named Darnit) and pitched backwards first, hit the back of my neck on the edge of a step then arse over tea kettle down the rest of the steps.. It was a LOT of steps :P

Did someone edit my cat's name, cause I'm almost positive I didn't originally spell it that way..? Sorry, I wasn't sure if that word was acceptable or not.. Will re-check forum rules :questionmark: