What is that one avie you just can't seem to get?

behemothrules

Oh well done @Dilley88 awesome to have proof that the vegan cheese isn't actually necessary!

Maybe quantity of qualifying items plays a greater part than we'd realised. Who knows if the omelettes qualify but anyone will be able to try with them for free, and loading up on regular cheese is no financial hardship either, pretty sure the pieces I have cost me 5np from Dice-a-Roo. ?

On 12/6/2018 at 11:30 PM, redespeon said:

The sad grundo one.

Like every random event avatar, the most frustrating part is knowing you can't really do anything about it.

Just gotta wait.

I only have 9 avatars out of all the random avatars in this list: http://thedailyneopets.com/neoavatars/solutions/5/

I've been refreshing the Haiku Generator for daysssss! Still no luck with the avatar.

7-DEC EDIT: I may have to complain about NOT getting the avatar to GET the avatar. Finally got the Haiku Generator one today. lol

Something Has Happened!
haiku.gif You are now eligible to use 'Rorru' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MedEx said:

I don't think I have any of those lol. Is there anything I could be doing wrong?

It often seems like that, lol. I've got 20/38 of those and I don't have much confidence in getting m/any more from that particular list, but I also know I might get one tomorrow! ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 1/16/2019 at 12:53 PM, teprometo said:

I've spent at least 60 minutes in the past 2 weeks refreshing the Graveyard with no results.

I've totally given up on that one, I'm too paranoid about getting frozen for fast refreshing. Was hoping to get it from CC park this year.. instead got the other royal korbat. 

For me, I've been waiting and waiting for the buried treasure or sloth avatars. I think they're both so cool for different reasons (i love pirate themes and also the sloth avatar is just such a classic). There's always tomorrow..

On 7/19/2019 at 9:18 AM, mischief51 said:

I've totally given up on that one, I'm too paranoid about getting frozen for fast refreshing. Was hoping to get it from CC park this year.. instead got the other royal korbat. 

I did a little more research a couple weeks ago and learned you don't have to wait for the page to load before refreshing again, which I didn't know and made me feel reaaalllllyyyy stupid. I spammed F5 while scrolling Instagram on my phone for 5 minutes then checked my avatar count and saw I had finally gotten the cursed avatar. Still no luck on the neomail addict one, though. If TNT sees you fast-refreshing on the graveyard page, they won't flag you as a cheater, since they know that avatar is a pest. I'm pretty sure they'd be able to see when you got the avatar, so if you got the avatar the same day you were refreshing, they'd be fine with it. However, if you've had the avatar for 2 years and keep going to the graveyard to try to 'get away with' refreshing for REs, that's trouble town.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2012 at 4:33 PM, laurageezy said:

TDMGP and Kass-basher! Errrr, so frustrating! Keep on working at it!

@laurageezy in case you haven't tried that yet, maybe give following the jellyneo game guide step by step a shot! If I recall right, 850 points is needed for the ava right? once you unlock the third dificulty - meaning you're bashing the kass with a bat - and only hit it at wind 8 oder 9, it WILL happen sooner or later. good luck :)

for me, I haven't been collecting avas for too long and would consider myself more lucky than not when it comes to RE's, but no amount of refreshing has gotten me the neomail ava so far. I mean, you just have to refresh your inbox, right? I'd guess I've done that a several hundred of times but still, nada. bleh :|

• 2 months later...

@berriganify I feel you. My ava collection has noticeably grown over the year - thanks to TDN first and foremost :) - but I haven't even tried for any of the game avas yet. I'll leave those for last, only getting those I absolutely have to in order to reach my long term goal (333). I have no idea how any of them were supposed to be attainable by kids :D 

On 10/24/2019 at 6:15 AM, alohadiscordia said:

@berriganify I feel you. My ava collection has noticeably grown over the year - thanks to TDN first and foremost ? - but I haven't even tried for any of the game avas yet. I'll leave those for last, only getting those I absolutely have to in order to reach my long term goal (333). I have no idea how any of them were supposed to be attainable by kids :D 

I too have been leaving them for last but I'm starting to worry about it since flash is going away. I wouldn't put it past TNT to either retire a lot of game avies they don't feel like converting OR claiming they'll get to it but never doing so.

Edited by splitting
typo

9 hours ago, splitting said:

I too have been leaving them for last but I'm starting to worry about it since flash is going away. I wouldn't put it past TNT to either retire a lot of game avies they don't see like converting OR claiming they'll get to it but never doing so.

oh noooo, i hadnt thought of that either

but i sure am now ?

"I have no idea how any of them were supposed to be attainable by kids"

yeah, no kidding. mind you theres a lot of stuff on the site that is really aimed more at adults, namely a lot of the contests. it mostly come down to which games people are actually good at, and most of that is practicing them over and over and over.. what i do is focus on one game at a time and really get to know all the tricks and mechanics.

On 10/24/2019 at 4:44 PM, splitting said:

I too have been leaving them for last but I'm starting to worry about it since flash is going away. I wouldn't put it past TNT to either retire a lot of game avies they don't feel like converting OR claiming they'll get to it but never doing so.

wasn't sure if I should use the 'funny' or 'sad' reaction for your post... :D you probably right about this, though

Gave Edna a go today, and the item she gave me makes me nervous....

witch2.gif
*CACKLE*!!!

I have successfully made Magic Spell of Cybunny Transforming!

Yes! I have all the ingredients! Heh heh thanks a lot, and please come back again to help me. As an extra bonus I have given you 188 NP!

spf_bheart_jelly.gif

The old witch gives you a Bleeding Heart Jelly Sundae!!!

?

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I can assure you the forgotten shore avatar is not a myth, I got it a few weeks ago!

But I've done the deserted tomb probably a thousand times now and... nothing. THEN, when I'm helping my brother set up a neopets account, and showing him dailies, he gets it on his VERY FIRST VISIT to the forgotten tomb. and he doesnt even care about avatars 😕

I wish refreshing avvies like the Game Graveyard one had some sort of "minimum to maximum" number of refreshes needed...... like even if it required 2000-3000 refreshes or something, just having a number to work with makes it much more encouraging than blindly checking....

11 hours ago, CoconutDragon said:

It's been 84 years and I still don't have the Wheel of Knowledge avatar...

it's one of the rarest and hardest Random Avatars to obtain .. Just keep playing every day ... !

• 3 weeks later...