Drinking from the bottle/carton - Yay/Nay?

Guest RJAP

Yay/Nay?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. At what stages does drinking from the bottle/carton become acceptable?

• Drinking from the carton/bottle, if you have to save fridge space, etc.
    • Drinking from the carton/bottle if no-one else will.
    • Drinking from the carton/bottle, end-of.
    • Drinking from the carton/bottle, but someone you know (well) is going to drink it afterwards.
    • No. It's not acceptable. You understand?!!
    • Drinking from the carton/bottle, but if someone that you might not know will.
    • Don't really know. *derp*
    • Don't really care, whatever happens, happens.
    • Drinking from the carton/bottle, but it's finished afterwards.
  2. 2. As above, but if in a social situation.

• Drinking from the carton/bottle, if you have to save fridge space, etc.
    • Drinking from the carton/bottle if no-one else will.
    • Drinking from the carton/bottle, end-of.
    • Drinking from the carton/bottle, but someone you know (well) is going to drink it afterwards.
    • Drinking from the carton/bottle, but if someone that you might not know will.
    • Don't really know. *derp*
    • No. It's not acceptable. You understand?!!
    • Don't really care, whatever happens, happens.
    • Drinking from the carton/bottle, but it's finished afterwards.

I have just gone into the kitchen to grab some milk, and I got caught drinking from the carton. After I got milk and my earful, I decided 'why not post on TDN Forums?'

So yeah. Post, poll, whatever! :whistle:

NB: You can select multiple options on the poll. Just in case it doesn't say. <_<

I live alone, so I'm safe.

Although, to me if you live with family, does it really matter? Or roommates that you are super close to?

Perhaps not around strangers though.

That seems fair. I personally don't care, but some people in my family get really touchy about it. o_O

Once, my Grandma got mad at me about it.

Then I came out one night to get a drink and I saw her doing it! Everyone's done it at some point I'm sure.

Ha! I trust you gave her an earful to go with the milk?

I got caught recently drinking root beer outta a bottle and my dad got a little upset with me. Everyone does it. This is why I prefer bottles meant only for one person to drink out of.

I got caught recently drinking root beer outta a bottle and my dad got a little upset with me. Everyone does it. This is why I prefer bottles meant only for one person to drink out of.

I hope he didn't give you too much of a hard time. -_- I assume by 'meant only for one person', you mean small ones?

I hope he didn't give you too much of a hard time. -_- I assume by 'meant only for one person', you mean small ones?

I meant only for one person as in single serving bottle of soda. And no, he didn't give me a super hard time, he's cooler than most dads, I think :laughingsmiley:

I meant only for one person as in single serving bottle of soda. And no, he didn't give me a super hard time, he's cooler than most dads, I think :laughingsmiley:

Oh, ok. Good for you! :D

I took a picture and the next time she got mad at me I showed it to her. I'm so evil. :whistle:

Nice work! ;)

I drink from the bottle all the time. no one cares. :D so i'm safe

Good for you! :D

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Okay, I only drink from the carton/bottle if I'm the last person. Other people can do the same, but seeing them do it grosses me out (which makes no sense). Oh, and for "social situations," I hope you don't mean drinking out of someone else's carton at a party. Bleugh.

Okay, I only drink from the carton/bottle if I'm the last person. Other people can do the same, but seeing them do it grosses me out (which makes no sense). Oh, and for "social situations," I hope you don't mean drinking out of someone else's carton at a party. Bleugh.

That's fair. By 'social situations', I mean just being around other people when you do it, it doesn't have to be their carton. :sick01:

I don't drink directly from the bottle or carton unless it's mine (ex.: a bottle of water, soda, etc.) but not something like a gallon of milk.

So basically I would advise anyone not to drink straight from the bottle or carton unless they live alone.

I don't drink directly from the bottle or carton unless it's mine (ex.: a bottle of water, soda, etc.) but not something like a gallon of milk.

So basically I would advise anyone not to drink straight from the bottle or carton unless they live alone.

What if you had a little bit of milk, then you finished it off later? :yes:

Do I drink out of the bottle/carton/gallon? I don't, regardless if I'm alone, or have someone else over. I do however drink from a soda bottle if there's only a little bit of soda remaining, but no more than that.

Do I drink out of the bottle/carton/gallon? I don't, regardless if I'm alone, or have someone else over. I do however drink from a soda bottle if there's only a little bit of soda remaining, but no more than that.

Pfft! You wuss! ;)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or higher, quotes don't count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I don't drink from the bottle/carton... ever unless they are one-portion size. I don't think it's meant for that, and it would gross me out to see someone doing it. They invented glasses and cups for a reason... >.> (So I don't find it acceptable to drink from bottle/carton... ever. It's just the wrong thing to do for me.)

Also to be noted that I don't like the taste of milk much, so it's not even tempting to me to drink milk in the first place. I'm also not into soda.

I don't think I ever drink anything from a carton or bottle that isn't single-serving, since I don't like milk or pop. There are some things I will eat directly from the container, such as yogurt or ice cream, but I will usually only do that if I am pretty sure I will be the only one eating it.

It does kind of gross me out when other people drink from the container. My sister has a bad habit of drinking milk from the bag (I live in a part of Canada where milk comes in plastic sleeves), and she wears a heavy amount of lipstick, which leaves a horrid pink lipstick ring around the opening. If it wasn't for the lipstick factor, it wouldn't bother me so much.

Because of my sister and her lipstick rings, my husband started drinking from the container by actually pouring the milk/juice/pop/etc. into his mouth, so that his lips would never touch the container. He is actually quite good at it and rarely spills.

Same!

I'm saliva conscious, so I'm the one who'll whack others if they do it! ^^ Never done milk out of a carton, unless last!

Because of my sister and her lipstick rings, my husband started drinking from the container by actually pouring the milk/juice/pop/etc. into his mouth, so that his lips would never touch the container. He is actually quite good at it and rarely spills.

I tried doing that, but I usually end up with a nice, wet shirt afterwards. :sad02:

I tried doing that, but I usually end up with a nice, wet shirt afterwards. :sad02:

My husband has become remarkably good at this. There is actually a picture of it somewhere on the TDN forums, if you can find it.