Magma Pool Time Table

Russ

I want to find my Magma Pool time (who doesn't?), and I figured that it doesn't matter how often I check it if I don't leave any record of what times I've already confirmed to myself aren't the times at which the guard is asleep. So I decided to make myself a table to record every time that I've checked. I made it for my own personal usage but decided that other people might potentially find it useful so I'll post it here too.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2m6wl7t.png

It's incredibly big because it has one box for every single minute of the day (all 1,440 of them represented in 40 columns and 36 rows), the point being that if you check at a given time and the pool is closed, then you can shade that box in black and know that the guard won't be asleep then. It's also useful because if you check at, say, 5:10 PM NST then again at 5:19 PM NST, you can then figure that the pool can't be open for less than ten minutes so you can also shade in every box in between the 5:10 box and the 5:19 box.

I made it in MS Paint, it's nothing professional by any means. It's also definitely not easy on the eyes, for which I apologize, but hey - that should be all the more motivation to check more often and make those boxes black!

The boxes that are marked in yellow denote an hour minute (1:00 AM NST, 2:00 AM NST, etc.) and are labelled with a number so you know what hour it is (the ones on the bottom half of the box being labelled "PM" as is appropriate). The boxes that are marked in green denote every ten minutes (1:10 AM NST, 1:20 AM NST, 1:30 AM NST, etc.). The boxes that are marked in grey denote every five minutes excluding ten minute marks (1:05 AM NST, 1:15 AM NST, etc.). The first box on the chart represents 12:01 AM NST, and the last box represents 12:00 AM NST - midnight. White boxes represent every minute that does not end in a 0 or 5 (1:01 AM NST, 1:02 AM NST, etc.).

Hopefully somebody gets use out of this besides myself, but if not then whatevs. This is just a nice way to keep track of what times you've already checked.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2w4zgae.png

An alternate one with every :15 and :45 minute mark denoted in blue and every half-hour mark being denoted in red in addition to the other markings, if you prefer. Makes it a bit quicker to find the time you checked at.

EDIT: Oops, sorry for the double post, I forgot. My bad!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Haunted Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Don't double post, use the "Edit" button if you'd like to add something. The posts have been merged.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I had made something similar out of graph paper. Only I made it for 5 minute increments. I did it in two parts: one for am and one for pm. I don't think you need to check every minute since it's a 5 minute window, is it not?

Hopefully someone will find this useful!

I'm pretty sure it's a ten minute window so you don't need to check every minute but checking every few minutes helps, for me at least. Since if I check at 7:10 and plan on checking again at 7:20, i could end up being off by a minute and then I may very well have missed the window. So I think that doing it for every minute helps. I'm not checking literally every minute, usually every 4 minutes or so, but this helps out since it allows for the freedom to check whenever.

That's a good idea. I'm not really a fan of magma pets, but it would be nice to know in case I decide I like them in the future. I might make my own in excel :) Thanks for reminding me.

If it's for 10 minutes at a time, I may make a chart for only 10 minute intervals so there's not so many boxes xD

I wonder how often TNT puts it at an obscene time, like 4 am or something. I have a weird sleep schedule, so I'll probably be able to check most times, but many people sleep normally, lol.

Unless they make sure it's within a decent time for your timezone. Like between 7 am and 11pm or something. Hmmm. Maybe that would be a good editorial question.

I'm assuming that it's probably completely random. And yeah I was considering just doing 10 minute ones but that was actually harder to make and for me i think that it would be less useful because it would require me to check at a given time. With this one I can check at any time that I want and if I check twice within a ten-minute interval than I can still make a note of that by just filling in all the unnecessary boxes in between. I'm not too big on Magma pets but I want to know when I'll be able to have the option of getting one.

Also, in case anybody uses this - it says "6 pm" twice; the second one should be "7 pm". Sorry about that.

That's a cool graph. :D I used google excel myself. I did it in 5 minutes intervals and just checked with an X whenever I checked a time and it didn't work. I was lucky though because mine is 4:45 pm my time so I'm awake during the time.

Now I just need to be able to use it. xD I haven't found any Magma pets I want yet.

7, 9 and 11 PM are all listed as even numbers instead, my bad.

It is a lot more helpful to have a visual than to just randomly guess. I've narrowed my time down significantly already. Odds are good that it'll be some time I'm awake, so I should find it within the next few days!

That's a good idea. I'm not really a fan of magma pets, but it would be nice to know in case I decide I like them in the future. I might make my own in excel :) Thanks for reminding me.

If it's for 10 minutes at a time, I may make a chart for only 10 minute intervals so there's not so many boxes xD

I wonder how often TNT puts it at an obscene time, like 4 am or something. I have a weird sleep schedule, so I'll probably be able to check most times, but many people sleep normally, lol.

Unless they make sure it's within a decent time for your timezone. Like between 7 am and 11pm or something. Hmmm. Maybe that would be a good editorial question.

Mine is from 10:11-10:21AM, which makes it only available on the weekends for me. It also happens to be when the black worm for the moltara worms quest is out. xD

Great idea! I'll probably make my own - I'm a little bit of a spreadsheet freak. :P But I'll definitely try that.

Although the likelihood of my finding my Magma Pool time while school is in is pretty low, I figure it's always worth checking whenever I am on.

Making a table is a great idea! It's not easy on the eyes, but it gets the job done.

I have no idea when my time is. I haven't found a Magma pet I want, so I never check the pool. Knowing my luck, it'll probably be at 2 am or some other hour when I'm normally asleep.

• 8 months later...

i just got done doing a excel table my self, i work odd hours, like today though the day i brought my lap top with me to work, and i pretty much used it from 2pm to 8:50 and was on it from 10pm till now and still havent gotten it..a few odd minuets i wasnt there for it..but im pretty sure mines gonna be in the odd house of the morning when im asleep..ugh.

Omg, I make Excel spreadsheets for EVERYTHING and have so much fun doing it! Why did I not think of this sooner!!

Thank you for the awesome idea. You graph looks awesome btw, excel is more my thing, but I'm glad you took the time to help everyone else too.

Omg, I make Excel spreadsheets for EVERYTHING and have so much fun doing it! Why did I not think of this sooner!!

Thank you for the awesome idea. You graph looks awesome btw, excel is more my thing, but I'm glad you took the time to help everyone else too.

Hah me too, its always a race to finish for me. I use excel for a lot of my assignments too. :santa:

I got lucky!

I started an excel spreadsheet for a 24hour period with 10 minute increments and spent more time on it than I did checking at the magma pool!

The guard was sleeping on my second attempt!

Hope everyone else doesn't have too much trouble!

• 7 years later...

The time tables that were linked to on this very very old thread are no longer accessible due to the demise of TinyPic. I quickly created one on Excel, and in case other people want to use it I'm sharing a blank copy. Not sure if the formatting will make sense to anyone else, but I'm just marking the document using the fill option. Hours (in 24 hour time) are along the top. One minute increments count down vertically from each hour. Please let me know if this works.

Magma Pool Times Copy.xlsx