Bank Problem

Bramley

I logged in today (which was odd in itself, as I had to put in my birthdate, as I hadn't logged in for a few days apparently), and went to collect my bank interest, to find out I've lost about 1.3 million np. I haven't bought anything (that I can remember) or sold any items. My pets haven't been pounded, and my items haven't been sold. My password hasen't been changed so, is this a glitch, or have I been scammed/CG'd? I'm not 100% sure. I've sent in a ticket, but there's been no reply as of yet. Anyone have any idea as to what's happened?

First of all, check your e-mail to make sure it hasn't been changed either.

If you had to log in, that sounds like potential hacker/CGer. Their logging in would log you out. Perhaps they are trying to steal small (for broad definitions of the word "small") quantities so that it's less traceable.

I'm sorry to hear about it--I hope you get a response that will shed some light on it.

I was about to say, USE A PIN!!! As what the two people above me have said. A PIN is your friend, that way you won't lose items, pets, or Neopoints. If you don't have one yet, which by the sound of your situation, you don't, get one now.

First things first, security measures!

1. Like they said, a PIN on everything. Gets troublesome if you forget, but tis good. :)

2. Change you password, and email, if you prefer.

3. Input the new birthday feature, if you haven't already.

4. Download Noscript if you're on firefox, notscripts if you're on Chrome/Rockmelt

5. Log out and log back in with everything new! :D

My guess is, you got CG'ed. However, you're lucky that not more items were gone! Precautions are precautions, though, so email in to TNT and carry out the 5 step programme! 8D

Since you reported it, they may freeze your account for protection, so start writing down everything you can (neofriends, stocks, items in your SDB, Neocash purchases, previous trading post transactions etc etc) to prove it's you. :)

The more you can provide, the faster you can get it returned [if it is frozen].