I can't make a new account.

Jum

9 members have voted

1. 1. You having the same problem?

• Yes. And it's very annoying.
    • I'm too lazy to check.
    • No. I don't see the problem.

I'll get to the point quickly. Whenever I put in a username then click "Check Availability" it says it is available. I then click "Next" and it then says it isn't available. Also, If I click Check Availability a second time rather than clicking next, it says it isn't available the second time either. Also, exiting, clearing cache, etc. doesn't work, so I'm thinking that whenever I click "Check Availability" somehow an account is instantly made with that username. Either I'm being followed by super-ninja's or Neopets is haxxed, since I've tried at least 10-15 times, to no avail.

Also, if circumvented via not bothering checking in the first place, I get as far as the email, then I put in an email, and it says "Error". No explanation, and it's a valid email too. No typo's either, I've checked.

Anyone else having the same problem? Because the only answers are either a massive influx of super ninjas, a bug in the scripting, or my comp/Neopets.com is hacked.

I'll get to the point quickly. Whenever I put in a username then click "Check Availability" it says it is available. I then click "Next" and it then says it isn't available. Also, If I click Check Availability a second time rather than clicking next, it says it isn't available the second time either. Also, exiting, clearing cache, etc. doesn't work, so I'm thinking that whenever I click "Check Availability" somehow an account is instantly made with that username. Either I'm being followed by super-ninja's or Neopets is haxxed, since I've tried at least 10-15 times, to no avail.

Also, if circumvented via not bothering checking in the first place, I get as far as the email, then I put in an email, and it says "Error". No explanation, and it's a valid email too. No typo's either, I've checked.

Anyone else having the same problem? Because the only answers are either a massive influx of super ninjas, a bug in the scripting, or my comp/Neopets.com is hacked.

Hey Jum,

I've experienced this myself when creating pets, so let's eliminate the possibility that it's haxxed or that ninjas are following you shall we? :P

I believe this is just a case of error in database handling, really. To get to the point in solving your problem, just try another username that would be far less common. :) I know it's frustrating, but I'd like to believe that Neopets has not IP-banned you.

What!? Oh no! Thanks for bringing htis to my attention. I was even planning on creating a final side this coming week and it looks like it won't be possible, or creating the pet based off of my new character. The name is available every time I search, and now you're telling me I can't use it!?

Are you sure this isn't a glitch?

I remember this happening to me before! And then I made a pet but they deleted it and I was like o_O plus I was having problems with the site... anyway, All i did was refresh and clear my cashe, and all was fine. :) THough that's not working for you, is it...

Has this problem been fixed yet? I hope so..I've been thinking about creating a final side and a pet with a GREAT name I had in mind...though I'm sure by now somebody else has thought of it too. :(

• 8 years later...

I used Neopets in the early 2000s, and I am trying to make a new one today, but I have a big issue I didn't know would happen, I used the first part of my e-mail as my username, and when I try at page 3-4 to put in my e-mail it says to make sure that no part of my username has anything to do with my e-mail, but it won't let me go back to page 1-4, someone please help?!

On 9/11/2011 at 6:31 AM, Lady Lyuba said:

What!? Oh no! Thanks for bringing htis to my attention. I was even planning on creating a final side this coming week and it looks like it won't be possible, or creating the pet based off of my new character. The name is available every time I search, and now you're telling me I can't use it!?

Are you sure this isn't a glitch?

It's a very beautiful (side?) The emblem type thing is very beautiful! ; )

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.

Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.
Please do not bump topics that are no longer relevant, please create a new topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED

• Duma locked this topic