• Haunted Woods
    • Brightvale
    • Lost Desert
    • Mystery Island
    • Faerieland
    • Kiko Lake
    • Altador
    • Moltara

So I looked into joining an actual existing team next year :rolleyes_anim: but for the people who already joined their team, why? Which teams should I avoid, do you think, completely? I've heard good and bad about most of these teams, but is there a team that you think I should just NOT join for my first time in AC, i.e. too slow boards, too competitive, cliquey, not active, etc. I've heard and seen all of these from forums, but from personal experience, tell me more about your team and which team should I not join for my first time. Yes I'm just that indecisive after hearing a lot of opinions. <_<

I think having a poll, visual aid is my best approach, will help me decide, but also tell me WHY, each team has their story, not just black and white.

Well. If you ask me, you shouldn't avoid any team. You choose a team because you want to be in the team and help it.

I joined Shenkuu for 5 years now. I admit, there was too much tension in the boards but that did not bother me. I love Shenkuu and I still continued playing for them.

It's your choice. I voted though. (:

Well, Maraqua has a fantasticly huge fan base and pretty much everyone I know who supports them is lovely. We've never quite made it 1-3 place but we were really close this year, I think we'll definitely do it next AC!

I can't really comment on a team to avoid, apart from maybe Altador just because they have about 3 supporters lol.

All I can say is Go Maraqua!!! :D

The best way to decide about which team you want to be on is to chat with them...

I don't think any team should be avoided, but it doesn't mean all teams can fit your personality and playing style.

In the off-season, most teams are located in Virtupets or in Other Worlds. See if you can make some friends around :D

First off, would you rather a large team, or a really small team where you know a lot of the team's players? Or perhaps something in the middle?

If you don't like really big teams, mark Darigan Citadel off of your list. It's huge to say the least.

That's right, I should tell more about what I look for. Well I'm looking for a nice, fast paced board. That's it, very little to no fighting in the team. The team size, I could really care less, but I also want to know what the team was like in the past. Did they have a reputation of trolls, friendliest members, rivalries, and other stuff before I join them.

Well. If you ask me, you shouldn't avoid any team. You choose a team because you want to be in the team and help it.

I joined Shenkuu for 5 years now. I admit, there was too much tension in the boards but that did not bother me. I love Shenkuu and I still continued playing for them.

It's your choice. I voted though. (:

I agree jonathanjoseph99,you should choose a team because you like it,not because of there win! Hey everyone,don't be afraid of choosing your fav team,no matter what happens! :D

A lot of it I think has to do with how well driven a team is. Like for example, I've never seen a happier bunch than Moltara or Maraqua. On the other hand, a team like Darigan Citadel is "serious business" as much as possible. Then some teams are behind-the-scenes tough, like Tyrannia and Terror Mountain. My team, Lost Desert, probably shouldn't be judged on this year's performance and rather our previous years. Otherwise I'd say we're darn proud of ourselves and roll with the punches.

No matter which team, there are always those devoted to their game.

What happened on the previous years in Lost Desert? You guys dropped, but you were first last year right?

LD are a really good team, but I think every one just went all out trying to beat them because of their win last year :(

On the other hand, a team like Darigan Citadel is "serious business" as much as possible.

I couldn't disagree with this more. The Minions chat is usually full of fun stuff, and the DARK board has some fun stuff as well. I can't say much about Darigan Official. With Darigan, it's almost a sure thing that you'll have someone to talk to and a constant board because there is always at least three different boards full of people.

Krawk Island, Haunted Woods, and Maraqua are the teams that I have seen a troll for this year.

It all depends on your taste.

I like big teams with huge fanbases cause I like to play with others and do races, marathons, ect... So teams like lost Desert, Faerieland, Krawk Island, and Darigan Citadel are the only places i'd feel at home.

If you're a hoarder and are looking for a spotlight when you drop off a big score, i'd go with a small team. Terror mountain, Tyrannia, Moltora, ect...

If you're looking to join a team just for a trophy and don't plan on playing, don't join the Altador Cup at all.

If you're joining for a trophy and will play, i'd say to go with Tyrannia, Meridell, Maraqua, or Roo Island.

Darigan will be in 18th place next year so not them.

VP is so small, the winners curse will probably knock them down to 4th tier.

I dont see KI in top tier next year. They'll get DC's freeloader from this AC.

Kreludor... Dunno, just a gut feeling, they'll do badly next year.

Btw, what Noog said is correct. There is no team board funnier to read than the DC Minions.

And we have the best marathon boards. If you ever see a RAWR marathon, drop by. Its hosted by me and my wonderful friend Raj. b)

Also... What happened with LD is SOTAC left, so there goes 30 all-stars, as well as a bunch of other all-stars who saw the winners curse coming. All that was left was the really dedicated members who couldn't handle all the freeloaders that they were left with.

Next year, them and Shenkuu are making a mad dash for second tier. Just watch. ;)

Wow. Well I actually never chatted with Darigan members so what I heard about them is quite different. :worried: With 3 boards and everything...

I'm also not interested in how a team is doing in the standings, so just a heads up ^_^ I really want to know what the team is known for, in general. The members as well, big, small, fast, slow, yeah. Competitive, gives up, and all that.

Well what about the other teams? Can anyone tell me more?

As someone said, you'd have to chat at the boards.

I've spent time at almost every team's board, and they all have different humor and different personalities. You'd just have to go there yourself. ^^

teams I'll never ever join r Darigan Citadel and Krawk Island ... but that's just me :rolleyes_anim:

oh and Kiko Lake ... don't ask me why .. I just don't like 'em :ohno:

if I ever leave Shenkuu , I'll join Maraqua ^_^

Off season is a different environment though, most people are usually relaxed. Plus it's not really the same as if I chat with them during AC season, well I think. Most boards are slow this time around. <_<

I'll have to disagree with you. The off-season is the perfect time to meet a lot of the core members of a chat group. A lot of the "veterans" hang out together in the off-season. If you make some friends in a group now, you will probably enjoy the AC a lot more because you won't be one of the newbie try to make a name of yourself.

Well maybe, relaxed isn't a bad thing, but I'm more concerned about what the team is like during AC. How am I so sure that when the environment changes, the attitude doesn't? I won't for sure, but I just don't like teams that whine a lot when they lose.

@Angelo - Why is that? Last I checked KI, DC, and SK are all some of the biggest teams so you'd probably fit in.

I've spent a lot of time at Shenkuu R&C and we have generally the same humor.

Is it the style?

And I agree with what Xepha said about the core members and whatnot.

This. I'm not saying that you plan to, but don't freeload. Every year, the previous year's winners get dragged down by freeloaders who join hoping to get a trophy but play few or no games.

However, if you're planning to play a lot and get involved in your team, try exploring the Virtupets boards, which is where all the team discussions have migrated to in the offseason. Anyone still posting there is probably going to be a big part of the team community next year. Just find somewhere that fits with your personality.

Also, some teams are more competitive (Kreludor, Krawk, Maraqua) and others are more laid back (Altador, Mystery Island), and some are more focused on side games than on YYB (like Faerieland)

Just go with a team you can ad the most to, and where you think you'll be most comfortable.

@Angelo - Why is that? Last I checked KI, DC, and SK are all some of the biggest teams so you'd probably fit in.

I've spent a lot of time at Shenkuu R&C and we have generally the same humor.

Is it the style?

it's not about the people in the teams , it's the teams themselves ... i don't like Darigan pets , they look too violent .. and KI .. I don't like Pirates ... they don't shower ...