Trainer Things

Name:

Pokemon:

Age(optional):

Good or Bad:

Pokemon Things

Nickname(optional):

RULES:

No Godmodding: No using a move like WORLD DESTROYA and faint everyone.

No "killing". Only fainting.

You start with 5 pokeballs. Don't say you have 99 masterballs, because you don't. You can buy more pokeballs if you run out.

No legendaries until you actually catch one. Remember, your pokeballs will not always catch.

You level up when you fight something, blisseys and lengends and stuff that give out huge Exp. can gain you more than 1 level.

Your first pokemon cannot pass level 10 until you level up.

No trading. If you have a pokemon that evolves by trade, i'll change the evoution if you PM me. For ones that evolve with Trade+item, just have the item.

You cannot start with an evolved pokemon unless it evolves from a baby or it evolves before lvl 10.

Keep track of which level you are, because I might forget. *might*

Have fun!!

Trainer Things

Name: Javi

Pokemon: Scyther

Age(optional): 10

Good or Bad: Good

Pokemon Things

Nickname(optional):

Name: Ryan

Pokemon: Mudkip

Age(optional): 14, yo. b)

Good or Bad: ... Good I guess.

Pokemon Things

Nickname(optional): No.

Name: Syrin

Pokemon: Vulpix

Age(optional): 18

Good or Bad: Good (for now)

Pokemon Things

Nickname(optional): Vixen

Trainer Things

Name: Neomysterion

Pokemon: Torchic

Age(optional): 19

Pokemon Things

Nickname(optional): (no nickname)

Trainer Things

Name: Manta

Age(optional): 20

Good or Bad: Neutral

Pokemon Things

Pokemon: Heracross

Nickname(optional): Wakizashi

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(signs up)

Trainer Things

Name: Neomysterion

Pokemon: Torchic

Age(optional): 19

Pokemon Things

Nickname(optional): (no nickname)

I'm new to roleplays, so expect me to mess up. :P

Ooh, I'd love to learn to roleplay. Mind if I join in?

Trainer Things

Name: Manta

Age(optional): 20

Good or Bad: Neutral

Pokemon Things

Pokemon: Heracross

Nickname(optional): Wakizashi

Also, do we have a plot and stuff? And are we allowed to have more than one Pokemon at the start?

To answer all da questions:

All pokemon start at level 10.

Region is Hoenn.

No, you can only have one pokemon at start.

Yes there is a plot.

Team Rocket is invading our hometown to steal our pokemon!

They have 1 pokemon each.

Ryan battles a Bulbasaur level 9.

Syrin battles an Elekid level 9.

Neomysterion battles a Zigzagoon level 9.

Manta battles a Poochyena level 9.

I battle a Ralts level 9.

From here on you start.

"Oh no! Team Rocket Grunts!" Javi stared at them as they were about to invade. "Go Scyther!" Scyther came out. It was confused until it saw Team Rocket. Now Scyther looked angry. "Ralts! Deal with the Scyther!" The grunt sent out a Ralts. It immediately went to attack Scyther. "Use Pursuit, Scyther!" It attacked without hesitation. "Ralts! Confusion, now!" It stopped Scyther in it's tracks. "Oh no! Scyther!" It withstood the attack. This battle came out of the blue! If only I had time to prepare for this.. "Scyther, Quick attack!

It rushed to Ralts, and knocked it aside. "Ralts, get up, now!" The grunt stared at Ralts. "Scyther, Pursuit!" Scyther went up to Ralts as it got up, then made it faint with a super-effective Pursuit.

"Yay! Scyther leveled up!"

"Scyther!!" cried a joyful Scyther, happy to be stronger.

<Hoenn? Exciting! If anyone has any critique for me, i'd love to hear! Haven't RPed much, and the last time was five years ago :laughingsmiley:

Before I start: one more question. I assume we're in Littleroot Town? And are we all in the same place?>

<Manta: I'm fairly new to RPing, so I look forward to critiques as well>

"Team Rocket? Let's help 'em out, Vixen!"

Syrin released Vixen, both ready for a fight.

"That runt is no match for my Elekid," Rocket Grunt scoffed, calling out her Elekid.

"Vixen, fry that Elekid with Ember!"

Vixen sent a blast of fire, surrounding Elekid in flames.

"Shake it off, Elekid, and use ThunderPunch!"

"Thunderpunch?!" Syrin thought, "Let's hope our training's paid off."

As Elekid shook away the flames and reared back for a punch, Syrin cried out, "Vixen, dodge that punch and burn 'em with another Ember!"

Elekid rushed forward, fist engulfed in yellow light. Vixen dashed sideways and fired flames at Elekid's back. Elekid spun around to fight back and caught the fire full-on.

"Now, Vixen, Quick Attack for the final blow!" As the flames subsided, Vixen rushed at Elekid, hitting it's stomach and sending it flying back towards Rocket Grunt.

"Elekid, no!" Elekid could not recover from the quick blow and fainted.

<Syrin, your stuff seems great so far!! My main problem is that I'm not sure about the specifics of this RP, so I'm afraid of doing something wrong.

Is this a more game-based RP or anime-based? i.e. can our pokemon learn more than 4 moves, are we allowed egg moves, etc etc? I'm gonna go with game-based for now, but yeah. i've never done a pokemon RP so i'm not really sure

If anybody is curious, I'm going to be using Bulbapedia as my reference for everything.

Here goes!

>

"Bleh, overslept again," Manta muttered as she tumbled out of bed. A flash of light lit up the bedroom, and a Pokemon appeared from a Pokeball that had been lying on the floor.

"Heracross!" said the Pokemon, and helped Manta to her feet. Yawning, she patted his shoulder.

"Thanks Wakizashi," she mumbled sleepily. He nodded and padded softly out the door while she dressed for the day. Suddenly, shouts shattered the quiet peace that pervaded the small town, and Manta snapped into awareness.

"Something's wrong," said Manta. "Let's go, Wakizashi." Hurrying downstairs, a Rocket Grunt burst through the front door, Pokeball in hand.

"I've come for your Pokemon," sneered the man. "Hand it over, and be quick about it!" A grin lighting up her features, Manta pointed at the grunt.

"You'll have to fight me first," she called cheekily. "C'mon Wakizashi!" Heracross leapt in from of her and lowered his horn protectively. The grunt scowled and tossed the Pokeball he had been holding. A flash of light revealed a Poochyena, which bared its teeth, although the small Pokemon was less than a fourth the size of Heracross.

"I'm not much for fighting," said Manta, "but I'll make an exception this time. Go Wakizashi! Horn Attack!" Heracross let out a cry and charged the Poochyena. Caught straight on, it was flung into a kitchen cabinet and fell to the floor in a heap of fur. Heracross closed quickly on the prone figure.

"We're not done yet!" yelled the grunt. "Poochyena, use Sand-Attack!" The Pokemon complied, and sprayed Heracross with a blast of sand. Blinded temporarily, Heracross scrubbed at its eyes and beat its wings rapidly. The sand was blown across the kitchen, catching the two humans in the backspray.

"It's fine, Wakizashi, you've got this," Manta encouraged her Heracross. "One more Horn Attack ought to finish it!" And to her satisfaction, that was all it took. The Poochyena staggered about from the force of the second blow, and collapsed. Heracross smiled happily and advanced on the Rocket. Wisely, the man recalled his fallen Pokemon and fled the building.

Manta leapt upon her Pokemon and grabbed him in a massive hug, although the 4'11" Heracross was taller than she was.

"That was great!" she exclaimed. "I had a feeling you would be the best of the litter. Hopefully, nobody else in town was hurt." Releasing Heracross from the hug, she made her way out the front door, and Heracross followed close behind.

"Eh, I'll clean the kitchen later."

<Syrin, your stuff seems great so far!! My main problem is that I'm not sure about the specifics of this RP, so I'm afraid of doing something wrong.

Is this a more game-based RP or anime-based? i.e. can our pokemon learn more than 4 moves, are we allowed egg moves, etc etc? I'm gonna go with game-based for now, but yeah. i've never done a pokemon RP so i'm not really sure

If anybody is curious, I'm going to be using Bulbapedia as my reference for everything.

Here goes!

>

"Bleh, overslept again," Manta muttered as she tumbled out of bed. A flash of light lit up the bedroom, and a Pokemon appeared from a Pokeball that had been lying on the floor.

"Heracross!" said the Pokemon, and helped Manta to her feet. Yawning, she patted his shoulder.

"Thanks Wakizashi," she mumbled sleepily. He nodded and padded softly out the door while she dressed for the day. Suddenly, shouts shattered the quiet peace that pervaded the small town, and Manta snapped into awareness.

"Something's wrong," said Manta. "Let's go, Wakizashi." Hurrying downstairs, a Rocket Grunt burst through the front door, Pokeball in hand.

"I've come for your Pokemon," sneered the man. "Hand it over, and be quick about it!" A grin lighting up her features, Manta pointed at the grunt.

"You'll have to fight me first," she called cheekily. "C'mon Wakizashi!" Heracross leapt in from of her and lowered his horn protectively. The grunt scowled and tossed the Pokeball he had been holding. A flash of light revealed a Poochyena, which bared its teeth, although the small Pokemon was less than a fourth the size of Heracross.

"I'm not much for fighting," said Manta, "but I'll make an exception this time. Go Wakizashi! Horn Attack!" Heracross let out a cry and charged the Poochyena. Caught straight on, it was flung into a kitchen cabinet and fell to the floor in a heap of fur. Heracross closed quickly on the prone figure.

"We're not done yet!" yelled the grunt. "Poochyena, use Sand-Attack!" The Pokemon complied, and sprayed Heracross with a blast of sand. Blinded temporarily, Heracross scrubbed at its eyes and beat its wings rapidly. The sand was blown across the kitchen, catching the two humans in the backspray.

"It's fine, Wakizashi, you've got this," Manta encouraged her Heracross. "One more Horn Attack ought to finish it!" And to her satisfaction, that was all it took. The Poochyena staggered about from the force of the second blow, and collapsed. Heracross smiled happily and advanced on the Rocket. Wisely, the man recalled his fallen Pokemon and fled the building.

Manta leapt upon her Pokemon and grabbed him in a massive hug, although the 4'11" Heracross was taller than she was.

"That was great!" she exclaimed. "I had a feeling you would be the best of the litter. Hopefully, nobody else in town was hurt." Releasing Heracross from the hug, she made her way out the front door, and Heracross followed close behind.

"Eh, I'll clean the kitchen later."

< I'm using Bulbapedia too! Great source for this kinda stuff, in my opinion.

Also, I'm going with game-based for now, considering that would keep a lot more order and avoid people just blasting out random attacks. If we all start at level 10 and are using level 30+ attacks, like in the show, it'd be a pretty weak contest. But I am writing them semi-show style in that I can tell my pokemon to dodge rather than waste a turn using "Evade" or something . . . so I guess mine's more of a mix

Also, I like how you started yours from your room rather than jumping straight into the battle like I did. Guess Syrin must have been hanging around with Javi or waiting around the edge of town for Professor Birch :) >

< Guess so :P Let's wonder if the others are hiding in the trees near us, or not. I use Serebii, but I got on Bulba from time to time.

And yeah, it's game-based. :)

Javi sees the rest fighting. "Meh, their fights are their own. I should probably let them get stronger with their own pokemon." Javi goes to the kitchen, and watches the rest of them battle the grunts.

< I'm using Bulbapedia too! Great source for this kinda stuff, in my opinion.

Also, I'm going with game-based for now, considering that would keep a lot more order and avoid people just blasting out random attacks. If we all start at level 10 and are using level 30+ attacks, like in the show, it'd be a pretty weak contest. But I am writing them semi-show style in that I can tell my pokemon to dodge rather than waste a turn using "Evade" or something . . . so I guess mine's more of a mix

Also, I like how you started yours from your room rather than jumping straight into the battle like I did. Guess Syrin must have been hanging around with Javi or waiting around the edge of town for Professor Birch :) >

<Woo Bulbapedia! :D I figured most people probably already know about it, but it couldn't hurt to link it just in case. I'll be on the lookout for more Pokemon RP tools too.

Hmm ok. I think I shall do the same. I don't want to be like DnD and roll dice for like...breathing, but i also don't want to just be HERACROSS STANDS THERE AND TAKES THE BLOW HE COULD'VE DODGED. :P

Ah, thank you! ^_^ I'm hoping to establish my character as not very motivated...not interested in battling...just someone who likes to travel and learn. Looking forward to see what people come up with next!

ETA: Javi, are you in your own house? Do we all have our own houses here?>

"Man, that was a tough battle," Syrin said, patting Vixen on the head and spraying her scrapes with some Potion.

"I hope the rest of the trainers are doing okay. Let's go meet up with Manta and see if we can figure out what these Rocket jerks are up to."

Syrin headed towards Manta's place, Vixen by her side.

<Figured if Javi is going off on his own, maybe we could team up for awhile, at least. Then your character can learn and mine can fight. Heh-heh>

< Yeah, we each have our own houses. And it is LittleRoot, only with more houses. :P

And no, i'm not going off on my own. It's not against the rules to be in teams or alone. And sure. :yes:

And from here on, I don't decide who people battle anymore.>

<Alright, sounds good! Here goes>

Wandering outside her house, Manta heard the telltale signs of battle.

"Ugh, those freakin' Rockets, always bothering people," she muttered, vexed. "Why don't they ever give up?" Heracross looked at her quizzically, and she sighed.

"Look, there's Syrin and Vixen," said Manta, spotting the two heading towards her. "Let's see how they're doing. HEY!!! SYRIN!!" she called, cupping her hands to her face. "Are you all right?"

< Yeah, we each have our own houses. And it is LittleRoot, only with more houses. :P

And no, i'm not going off on my own. It's not against the rules to be in teams or alone. And sure. :yes:

And from here on, I don't decide who people battle anymore.>

<Whoops, I guess I just interpreted you watching us battle for awhile as going off on your own. Sorry about that. It'll be interesting to see how everyone's stories branch off and if they come back/stay together.>

"Just fine, Manta!" Syrin called, sprinting towards Manta.

"I've got a few scrapes but nothing Vixen and I couldn't handle. Just wished we had a little more warning."

Vixen and Wakizashi chatter back and forth, seeming to be following their masters' lead in talking about their battles.

"What do you think made those jerks come after LittleRoot in the first place?" Syrin asked Manta.

Manta shrugged, watching the two Pokemon.

"Same thing they always want," she said noncommittally. "Control over the region, fear from Trainers, powerful Pokemon. Didn't work in Kanto, or Johto, so I guess they sailed south to try the same tactic on us." Smiling grimly, she scanned the area.

"It's not gonna work though. Look, there's more over there. Let's get rid of them."

"Hey! Syrin! Manta!" Javi rushed over to where they were. "There is another grunt up in that tree! Looks like he is hurting a Pokemon, but I can't see it!"

"I got this," Manta called out confidently. "Wakizashi, go knock that Grunt outta the tree!"

The Pokemon complied, and flew over to the tree. A loud thump told Manta that the grunt had met the wrong side of the Heracross' horn.

"Bring the Pokemon over here," she added, rushing over to the tree. Heracross dropped out of the tree skillfully and laid a Pokemon on the ground gently. Scrubbing a hand across her dirty glasses, Manta peered at the rescuee.

"It's a Wurmple. Cute, but in bad shape. Anybody got a Potion on them?"

Javi ran near the tree. He checked his pokedex. "Wurmple, the Worm Pokémon. Wurmple live primarily off of sap from trees. The suction cups on its feet keep it from slipping." "Whoa, a Wurmple! Not really my type of pokemon though. Here is a Potion to heal the Wurmple." Javi heals the Wurmple with the potion.

"Sap from trees, huh?" Manta said, interested. "Same with my Heracross. Wouldn't want them competing." She bent down to pat the small worm Pokemon, and Heracross stood over it protectively. "Syrin, d'you want to keep him?"

Ooc/ YAYYY IM LATE. ^^

Bic/

Ryan backed took a step out of Littleroot onto the grassy path and immediatley backed up. A Rocket grunt leaped out and started demanding Ryans pokemon. Something like "Blahnlahblah Pokemon. Give nao. Blahblah If you dont i'll make you win a battle. Blahblahblah."

As the grunt pulled out a pokeball Ryan threw his own and a Mudkip appeared between them. It blinked, looked around, and glared at the idiot in the black suit.

A moment later the grunt's pokemon, a Bulbasaur, was in the middle too.

The grunt opened his mouth but before he could say anything "MUDKIP! Use tackle!" and the Bulbasaur landed at the grunts feet with the Mudkip on top of it within a second.

He responed with "Bulbasaur, scratch!" Mudkip easily dodged as the Bulbasaur didnt seem to have any connection with the Rocket member.

A few moves later the battle was ended with another tackle by Mudkip and as usual, a grunt yelled some threats and ran away with an injured pokemon.

Mudkip trotted back to Ryan, who bent down to give him an oran berry. "Nice battle Mudkip, you'll be a Marshtomp in no time." He patted the pokemons head and returned it to its pokeball.

With that, Ryan shouldered his backpack that had been tossed on the ground and walked back to his house. He decided it was time to start traveling, and what better time than now? That being thought he grabbed the 5 pokeballs under his bed, some food that wouldnt go bad immediatley, and a few other essentials. A few moments later he was on the path out of Littleroot.

Ooc/ Can we choose what pokemon we fight in the wild as long as its reasonable? Like no lvl. 100 Lugias for example. xP

Syrin bent down to inspect the small worm.

"Well, I'm not too into them myself, but Vixen could use a buddy besides Wakizashi."

Syrin held a hand towards the Wurmple.

"What'd ya say, Wurmple? Would you like to be friends with Vixen and I?"

The Wurmple crawled towards her hand and sniffed it. He brushed his head against it and made a soft noise of approval.

"I don't speak Wurmple, but I guess that's a yes."

She turned towards Manta and Javi.

"Any suggestions on what I should call this little guy?"

Yeah, Ryan. But keep the levels reasonable too.

"Syrin, you should wait until it evolves. If you give it a nickname for a Dustox and it turns out to be a Beautifly, it won't be that good. Or give it a generic name, like Buggi."

Moments later, Javi saw that Ryan had finished his battle. He ran to him. "So Ryan, you were facing a Bulbasaur. Pretty tough for you, you were at a disadvantage there, eh?"