• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As it was JUST what would've been my dad's 75th bday (4/29), I was listening to him... lol As usual. 😉 Got this CD from his old college roommate. Who happened to come across a reel-to-reel recording he had done of Dad sometime in the mid-70s. For Christmas (2020), this old friend of Dad's had it turned into an Audio CD and sent a copy to my sister, me, and our mom. VERY nice of him! Using the freeware Audacity, I managed to clean-up the audio a little. (There were some "crinkle" sounds from the tape on the old reel). As well as boost the audio volume a bit. Used one of Dad's old professional photos from back then for the "video", and uploaded them to youtube in order. Since this is for the family, not just myself or random people who find it. I left up all the extra dialog and such between songs on each track. It's good to hear his voice, even if his singing style changed a LOT between when this was recorded, and when I was a little kid in the 80s and would listen to him practice THESE and other songs. 😉 Anyway, enjoy the covers! If you go to the actual youtube pages.. The title, composer, and lyrics (as Dad sang them) for EACH song are in the description. Being a Folk musician, the lyrics of Folk songs are commonly slightly altered by whomever sings them. 😉 Please enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Someone shared the movie poster to The Chipmunk Adventure on a FB group I'm in that is dedicated to animation, and that brought up all sorts of nostalgic memories. It was a great animated flick, and because of the failure of Disney's The Black Cauldron at the box office in 1985, several Disney animators were laid off from Disney, and were able to be hired to work on it. Some pretty legendary ones according to the post including; Glen Keane, Dan Haskett, and Dave Pruiksma. I went looking for some of the songs from the movie, and of course, they were on youtube. So I thought I would post them. Something mostly light and fun, meant as a balm with so much sadness and pain in the world . In no actual order... here are the ones I found.

Boys/Girls of Rock n' Roll

My Mother

Wooly Bully

Gettin' Lucky

We're Off To See The World

Thought I'd start with one of my favorites and end with one of the more inspirational. 😉

There are also a couple of IRL videos on youtube of people, adults, re-enacting ther Boys/Girls of Rock n' Roll videos. I've seen 2. 1 from 2010 and 1 from 2018, both have good and less-good points to how they chose to dress and re-enact the scenes from the movie. But neither are what I would call cringe-worthy. More, creative, like improv, but not in the comedic sense. 😉

Regarding the last song I listed, I'm not big on travel, but when I was little and I heard "We're Off to See the World" play in the movie? I used to think about what world travel would've been like, to visit so many different lands and experience their cultures, art, music, and histories. There's so much out there to see. And so much being lost almost daily in various places around the world.

In deference to the last post/share by @Yaroslav Fadeev, right now it's Ukraine that is losing their lands, homes, historical places, buildings and so much more right now. I blame the leadership of Russia for this, and those who follow the orders of those men.
Last I heard, there were well over 20,000 Russian civilians imprisoned for protesting the unjust war against Ukraine.
(Forgive me if mentioning this is in violation of the rules. Since he shared a serious music video, and I am sharing what basically amounts to brain-fluff, I wanted to touch on that Ukraine is losing so much of itself thanks to current events in connection to my comment on the last song-vid I linked to.)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After working all day i jus got free time to rest to im chilling on my laptop and listening to lofi-beats because its so satisfying like yesterday while i was dealing with some tracking work on my site "Truckoom" cause im facing some issues with tracks page so i got so tired and yk my mind wasnt working so i put lofi beats on and it calm me soo soo much like i felt so good and relax besides it have many diff beats but my fav is lofi-study time beats. i highly suggest u guys to give it a try u wonnt regrett

I am now listening to my parents' ranting that I am an adult and it's time for me to move out and live separately))) But how can I do it if I have no money even for the cheapest couch?) But I've already started saving up and am keeping a close eye on the sales on pricebusters website. As it turns out, you can't buy good furniture for all the money in the world. I hope to be able to live independently soon.