Mystery Island Paint Brush

Syrin of Neopia

So I won a Mystery Island Paint Brush from the poetry contest but I don't have any pets I care to paint Island currently.

Would it be better to sell the PB through the Trading Post or Auction?

Or should I keep it for awhile in hopes of getting a better price or trading for a PB I really want?

You could always just give it to me since I'm saving up for one :wub_anim:

Naw I'm joking xD I don't have the nps for it as of now...you could try the auctions and hopefully you'll get more than the asking price since people get competitive ^^ It's still worth over 5 million so that's awesome =D

If you do auction it, make a board to advertise it, and hopefully get a few more interested people aware. If you can post the exact ending time and bump the board when it's close, you'll get a lot of snipers competing with each other, and the price can jump a lot in those last few minutes. Or if you want to get a guaranteed amount for it, set the bid increment really high (can you set it as high as 1 million?) and price the appropriate amount under it to get a single bid at the price you want -- many users will pay a bit more to be practically guaranteed they'll win the auction.

If you do auction it, make a board to advertise it, and hopefully get a few more interested people aware. If you can post the exact ending time and bump the board when it's close, you'll get a lot of snipers competing with each other, and the price can jump a lot in those last few minutes. Or if you want to get a guaranteed amount for it, set the bid increment really high (can you set it as high as 1 million?) and price the appropriate amount under it to get a single bid at the price you want -- many users will pay a bit more to be practically guaranteed they'll win the auction.

How do you put the "asking price" on it? I know I can set a starting bid & what the bid increment should be, but I see other offers that say what they're "asking" price . . .

How do you put the "asking price" on it? I know I can set a starting bid & what the bid increment should be, but I see other offers that say what they're "asking" price . . .

Your starting price is not the minimum bid; they have to bid the minimum increment above that. Say you wanted to sell the paintbrush for 6M NP, and you wanted to get exactly 6M, no less. By setting the starting price at 5M and the minimum increment at 1M, the first person will have to bid 6M if they want your paint brush. The second person would have to bid 7M, which is unlikely to happen if the paintbrush is only worth around 6M. So the first person might be willing to offer more on your lot to be guaranteed winning vs. fighting with others to time the auction end. If no one wants to pay 6M, your auction will end and you'll be free to try again. JellyNeo has a good explanation on how to set up an auction. The site automatically calculates everything related to the auctions based on what you enter at the start; no user actually posts "asking prices" on auctions, just on the trading post.

Guest Yoshinho

The MI PB is worth a lot so it is hard for the trading post. Use auctions, send it to someone or just use the PB.