Starting from Scratch....

Naamah D.

I just found out a hard, highly possible truth. I may not get into the residential school I want to go to. I may go to one that's out of state. If I can only come home on Saturday and breaks + the possibly out of state commute, would mean I'd have to spend 2 days straight caring for my 20 pets. Neolodge or not, not seeing them every single day and if this place has a computor just for a set amount of time won't work for me or my pets. It's just not fair to them or me. Thereore, I have no choice but to deactivate my all my accounts, create a new E-Mail(I've had several accounts that I've frozen regarding my current E-Mail addresses) and get ONLY one pet that I will absolutley love. Remembering back my dad and I also had a conversation that is related to this:

Me: I'm thinking about creating side accounts on Neopets so I can have 20 pets!

Dad: That's your choice but something about side accounts really bother me...

Me: How come?

Dad: If you can't do dailies or anything on a side accounts why have them?

Dad: 20 Neopets is a big responsibility. I think it would be very hard for you to look after all of them equally. I don't think it would be fair to your or any other Neopet, when you do buy stuff for them they see it in your inventory and then you send it away to side account pets. Now, I don't want to get into this heavilily but if I were a Neopet, I'd feel a little jealous, and upset that other pets are having to get more attention. If I were a side account pet, I'd be a little confused because I can't play games and earn Neopoints to buy stuff and couldn't travel Neopia doing dailies and had to watch my owner try to take all of all those pets and get stressed out.

And this thought of starting on a clean slate didn't just come up right now, ever since I got pulled out of public school I've been debating about this. Oh well, I might as well go ahead and do this. I just hope nobody here is dissapointed in me because I'm trying to be more rational about my account and pet situation.

Plus, I have a privilaged, pampered life ready for my new, only child of a pet:)

I think you acted rashly and deactivated those accounts unnecessarily.

I know you have autism, but they're not real animals and they don't have actual feelings. They would just sit there and register as "dying" until you feed them again.

But obviously it was your choice to deactivate the accounts. I just think it was a little extreme.

I think you acted rashly and deactivated those accounts unnecessarily.

I know you have autism, but they're not real animals and they don't have actual feelings. They would just sit there and register as "dying" until you feed them again.

But obviously it was your choice to deactivate the accounts. I just think it was a little extreme.

I'll give you these words:

1. I didn't act rashly....I was thinking about doing the entire week.

2. I wanted to start over, I'll have you know I now have a beautiful Aisha. My new account is my only account and my Aisha is my only pet I'll ever have for the rest of my life

3. When I first started Neopets, I only wanted one pet, somehow I ended up with 20 because I felt like the more the merrier when really it turned into an emotional disaster

4. If anything adopted all those pets was rash

5. Now that I only have on pet to spoil and ony one account do use I won't have to worry about being frozen for certain things on side accounts(accidently doing dailies, accidently playing games. Now I know I won' t fear accidently getting into trouble because I only have my new main and those activities I listed are only allowed on my main account.

6. I didn't keep my old main because I wanted a new pet that could be my one and only pet. So from her creation foward, she'll be spoiled. Unlike the pets on my main account in which I adopted that couldn't get any major spoiling due to their massive amount of brothers and siblings. My new pet and are will be toghether until the day I die.

7. This whole they're not real animals thing between you and I has to stop. My Autism isn't the major reason why I love my new Neopet so much. I have a nurturing, protective and loving personality. And I hate to sound harsh but apparently you don't.

Well...it's 1:30 am where I live so I better get back to sleep.

-Star

do what you think will make sense for you and make you feel happy. :) if you feel like doing this, and creating a new account, then good for you! hope everything works out for your new account and your school in the future. *wishes you best of luck*

First, let me say that the last thing I want to do is hurt your feelings or insult you for the things you enjoy. If playing Neopets really does give you the joy it seems to do, and taking care of only one pet will be a relaxing, enjoyable hobby, then I say go for it! ^_^

However, I do feel the need to speak up about the way you've been treating other forum-goers.

Unlike you, I have an imagination but I'm too old for my imaginary friends. That's where my Neopets step in. If you want to be uninmaginative, if you want to say "Oh...their just pixels on a screen" stop playing.

I have a nurturing, protective and loving personality. And I hate to sound harsh but apparently you don't.

You love your Neopets - and nothing's wrong with that! - but you're quick to put down others for not feeling the same way, which I feel is inappropriate. :(

Personally, I do care for my Neopets... but it's the affection a creator feels for her creations, not the pure love that a mother has for her child. Yet, I'd like to think that doesn't make me less of a loving and nurturing human being. Neopets is a way to pass my time; my true efforts are directed towards caring for friends and family while working towards a degree in either anthrozoology or veterinary medicine, so that I can someday heal and support the animals in our world that do feel love and pain.

Again, I'm not trying to hurt your feelings... I'm just trying to help you see why some people are upset. I'm sorry if I crossed a line. :*

7. This whole they're not real animals thing between you and I has to stop. My Autism isn't the major reason why I love my new Neopet so much. I have a nurturing, protective and loving personality. And I hate to sound harsh but apparently you don't.

Whut? :laughingsmiley:

What do you mean "has to stop"? You make it out like I'm constantly on at you. I said it once and that was it.

And I you don't know me, so do not claim that I do not have a "nurturing blah blah blah". That is extremely rude and presumptious.

Not that I have to explain myself to you, but: I have worked with animals all my life. I adore my 3 nephews and niece. I love my family and friends and would die for them.

So don't you dare sit there and say such things neither to me nor to anyone unless you know them personally.

And no, I don't go over the top with my pets like you do. I don't feed them, groom them, play with them...but it doesn't mean I don't care about them. If I didn't care, I'd Pound them.

As for

Unlike you, I have an imagination but I'm too old for my imaginary friends. That's where my Neopets step in. If you want to be uninmaginative, if you want to say "Oh...their just pixels on a screen" stop playing.

Neopets pretty much are imaginary. Someone imagined them and created them. And why should I stop playing just because I know they're not real?

Seriously, Kid. THINK before you type.

Ok this is getting out of hand. To make this as general as possible: Provided you are not breaking the rules, there is no right or wrong way to play Neopets. It does not matter if you have 1 pet or 20. It does not matter how much you feed/groom/play with them. It is all a personal choice. It is not something that needs to be debated or argued about.