Did I Do Something To Offend You Guys?

Naamah D.

Good afternoon(I don't where you guys live but it's 2:15 p.m. where I live) everybody. For some reason I feel like you guys are angry with me. I made two post on Neopets General Chat and normally other posters respond to me but nobody responded to those two post(the post titled argghhh! and I am a genius). So I was just wondering, is there something in those two post that offended or made anybody angry.

I know that I have a strong love for all of my Neopets and will always love and care for them until the day I die, and I hope that doesn't creep anybody out. But if it does, I'm sorry. That's the way I've always been every since I adopted my Bori, Veli. I'm not going to change my compassion for those 20, helpless, good hearted pets. I'm lucky to have them and they are lucky to have me.

I feel like people want me not to spend alot of time with my pets so I can be some kind of "Social Butterfly". Sure, I'd like to learn proper social skills but I want maybe 4 or 5 good friends rather than like 120 friends that are fake and will treat me badly in the end. But if I told people that they'd possibly say "Oh, how can you have only 5 friends? Why can't you have alot of friends? What I'd really like to know is...how can you have 20 Neopets and not 20 friends?" They may not say that but because of what I know about these people they just might.

I actually felt like I had to lie to my therepast. When I really wanted to say "I really want a few good friends but my Neopets and myself will always come first." but somehow, I felt intiminated and almost forced to say "I don't want to spend my entire life at my computor and start hanging out with people." When I should've said was that I really want a few good friends, that are actually for real and don't betray, ditch, or poke fun at me but my Neopets came first, so they'll always come first(so will I, despite all the time I spend with my pets I still pratice personal hygenie, take my medication, try to go to bed on time, eat 3 meals a day, etc...). Despite what people think, I'm not an addict. I'm responsible, dedicated, and devoted but not an addict. I told my mom(who is the most amazing woman in the world) that what would these people rather have:

A. Me playing with 20 Neopets and staying out of trouble and learning responsibility and good moral values

Or

B. Me walking the streets, shooting up and snorting drugs, getting knocked up and possibly attacked or killed

I'm going with answer A and my mom would agree 100%.

Sorry if I made anybody angry, freaked out, or offended

Yours Truly,

-Star

Good afternoon(I don't where you guys live but it's 2:15 p.m. where I live) everybody. For some reason I feel like you guys are angry with me. I made two post on Neopets General Chat and normally other posters respond to me but nobody responded to those two post(the post titled argghhh! and I am a genius). So I was just wondering, is there something in those two post that offended or made anybody angry.

I know that I have a strong love for all of my Neopets and will always love and care for them until the day I die, and I hope that doesn't creep anybody out. But if it does, I'm sorry. That's the way I've always been every since I adopted my Bori, Veli. I'm not going to change my compassion for those 20, helpless, good hearted pets. I'm lucky to have them and they are lucky to have me.

I feel like people want me not to spend alot of time with my pets so I can be some kind of "Social Butterfly". Sure, I'd like to learn proper social skills but I want maybe 4 or 5 good friends rather than like 120 friends that are fake and will treat me badly in the end. But if I told people that they'd possibly say "Oh, how can you have only 5 friends? Why can't you have alot of friends? What I'd really like to know is...how can you have 20 Neopets and not 20 friends?" They may not say that but because of what I know about these people they just might.

I actually felt like I had to lie to my therepast. When I really wanted to say "I really want a few good friends but my Neopets and myself will always come first." but somehow, I felt intiminated and almost forced to say "I don't want to spend my entire life at my computor and start hanging out with people." When I should've said was that I really want a few good friends, that are actually for real and don't betray, ditch, or poke fun at me but my Neopets came first, so they'll always come first(so will I, despite all the time I spend with my pets I still pratice personal hygenie, take my medication, try to go to bed on time, eat 3 meals a day, etc...). Despite what people think, I'm not an addict. I'm responsible, dedicated, and devoted but not an addict. I told my mom(who is the most amazing woman in the world) that what would these people rather have:

A. Me playing with 20 Neopets and staying out of trouble and learning responsibility and good moral values

Or

B. Me walking the streets, shooting up and snorting drugs, getting knocked up and possibly attacked or killed

I'm going with answer A and my mom would agree 100%.

Sorry if I made anybody angry, freaked out, or offended

Yours Truly,

-Star

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not angry, freaked out, or offended by anything you've said. :)

I'm not offended by anything you've said or freaked out or any of that. Can't speak for others, but I just got back in front of my computer. (Oh & yay for me not being the only one on Central time!)

Personally, I'm not in any way angry or offended, I've only read the one post and didn't have anything to add so I didn't post. lol

As for people perhaps not responding positively to only wanting a few good friends, I say screw 'em. That's exactly how I am. In general (the fun, casual conversations I have online excluded), I don't like people. At all. I have maybe half a dozen people that mean the world to me and the rest don't concern me. I won't show needless malice, but I won't go out of my way to get someone to be my bestest friend ever. lol

I'm not offended or angry :)

I saw your posts, but the truth is that I don't feel that kind of connection with my pets. Sure they're cute and I wouldn't trade them (and I have a few dreamies I intend to get someday) and I do put them on the Neolodge, so that they don't get hungry (even though I'm fully aware they can't actually die of hunger.) but to actually make sure I play with them everyday, it's not something I worry about.

Therefore, I didn't have anything to add. Different people enjoy Neopets differently, for me the fun is in setting goals (such as reaching a certain avatar count, or maybe XX NPs) and working hard to achieve them. Maybe if you saw one of my posts about the stock market avatar, for example, you wouldn't be interested - since it doesn't deal with my pets directly. That doesn't mean something's wrong, right?

And I agree with you, it's better to have few but good friends, than a lot of bad friends :)

i've commented and i think it's pretty obvious how I feel. I play neopets alot but I think you need to take a break and get away from neopets. Your connection to it is alittle alarming because it is just a game. Also I think you shouldn't post multiple things about it, rather just talk about it in one. But i truly believe you should take a break, get out with your friends, and realize neopets is a game and that's it.

i've commented and i think it's pretty obvious how I feel. I play neopets alot but I think you need to take a break and get away from neopets. Your connection to it is alittle alarming because it is just a game. Also I think you shouldn't post multiple things about it, rather just talk about it in one. But i truly believe you should take a break, get out with your friends, and realize neopets is a game and that's it.

Okay, you have officially grinded my gears. First off, I had to get rid of all of my accounts and create a new one so I could have one and only one account as well as one and only one pet. Wanna know why? I have to go to a residential school next year, that I don't know where it's gonna be, and will only get to play Neopets on weekends and breaks(as in Christmas, Easter, Spring, Summer and Thanksgiving), even on those days I need to spend time with my family. So I decided to save my pets and I some pain and start on a new account for a new school year. Friends? Seriously? I have freaking Autism! My "friends" ditch me after 2 months, or people don't want to even be my friend because I'm disabled, or I think they're my friends until they start using me, bullying me, and abusing my trust in people. I play Neopets because my, as of right now, future pound adoption will my only friend. Not to mention I'm actually good at Neopets. I'm terrible at everything except Neopets and Arts and Crafts. Don't say "You should do more arts and crafts then" because once you finish a craft you have to buy a new one to do. And let me tell you my family is NOT rich.

i don't think it's weird at all. and don't worry, sometimes the boards are slow...i see boards that go for days without getting answered. :)

people with autism can be extremely kind (temple grandin comes to mind!), and can have a stronger connection to pets/animals/etc. than the rest of us. that's why, if neopets makes you happy, i say go for it! more power to you, sister! ^_^

ok well you can do that I was just reply to your board. and just because you have an outside life too like everyone here, doesn't mean you are going to get into trouble. don't take things too seriously and enjoy neopets with us and this forum.

i didn't mean to get you mad i was just commenting on what i saw with all your posts. i didn't need your background story and i am sorry i just saw how worried you were about getting cg'd and then going through other stuff. That is all. Enjoy neopets, I do, I just don't want it to consume you and get you upset. I also too have reasons I use neopets but it is not my real world. Sorry.

It's okay, I forgive you. The reason why I deactivated my 5 accounts and created a new one is so I can make Neopets seem less like a chore that's going to stress me out and be hard to handle in the end , and more like a hobby and a stress reliever. That's why this time I'm going to only keep one account and one pet. I've actually come up with a plan to prevent me from adopting more pets. Everytime I feel like adopting a new pet instead of going ahead and adopting a new pet and it get out of control again, I'm going to buy something nice for my new and only pet. Something nice like a plushie, Usuki, a chocolate from that nice candy place in the Grand Bazaar, or even a small wearable that I can buy with Neopoints.

Another reason I'm only keeping one pet is because this pet is going to be the pet. I'm going to read to her twice a week to get her intelligence super smart. I'm going to take her to free training on Aisha Day(as well as buy her presents), spoil her rotten with toys, grooming and tasty food(I'll make dang sure she won't have to go to Soup Kitchen), and when I find a color I like on Aishas(other than Mutant...I've given up on that) I'l paint her an amazing color.

Needless to say, I love LiliAnna(my Aisha). She is very much like a kid to me(part of my condition is that I can't and probably shouldn't have real children). This is my decision and I'm going to stick with it:)

I know were your coming from. Normally I only do one pet cause I always forget to feed the others but one was given to me by a friend as a bd pet and then the other two are le so now I have four. Hard to keep track if they are hungry or anything. & sometimes i feel like neopets is a chore too, i just took a two day break and some days dont do my games. i feel like its not fun if u do that. now i just do the negg hunt and habitarium and am happy but i do recommend taking a day break, makes it that much better

I know were your coming from. Normally I only do one pet cause I always forget to feed the others but one was given to me by a friend as a bd pet and then the other two are le so now I have four. Hard to keep track if they are hungry or anything. & sometimes i feel like neopets is a chore too, i just took a two day break and some days dont do my games. i feel like its not fun if u do that. now i just do the negg hunt and habitarium and am happy but i do recommend taking a day break, makes it that much better

I think the way people play Neopets depends on their personality in real life. I'm not saying your'e a mean person but(and please don't take offense) you seem to be a very "casual" Neopian. Who really doesn't care about buying toys and grooming products for your pet but more like training him/her.

I on the other hand, have a very nuturing, protective, and pampering instinct for my pet. I spoil her rotten and love her with all my heart and will spend the rest of my life with her. I constantly buy stuff for her and give her a diffrent food everyday so I don't bore her tastebuds.

You and I may have diffrent ways when it comes to our pets, but that doesn't mean we still can't get along? Am I right?

Nothing said was offending or something to be angry about at all ^^

Remember, a lot of people here are in school and finals are coming up (argh) and so we don't really pay attention to all the posts going on and what not xD

I'll admit that I'm more of a "casual" neopian and I mainly play because of all the goals I have and to just escape the real world if only for a few hours lolz! I know what it's like to be betrayed by a lot of my so called "best-friends" and I mainly just stick to my college life, neopets, art, music, videogames, and my best friend and boo. There are good people out there in the world, they may be hard to find at first but they are out there and I hope you can continue to spoil your pet (her name is cute btw!) and also find that one special friend that will show you a whole new world out there ^_^

Believe it or not, I don't train. I play cause it's fun. I am also 20 years old and know it's important to not take an online game too seriously. I have no problem with you, I just applied to your posts like you wanted, but I do think "break" periods may be healthy for you. Just my opinion that you can take or leave. Like she said ^^ there are good people in the world and you need to make a friend that you feel the same about your pet with. Sometimes there are people out there that play this too and you can play together. You don't want the best time of your life to be full of time on the computer, I know cause when I was younger I did the same.

Believe it or not, I don't train. I play cause it's fun. I am also 20 years old and know it's important to not take an online game too seriously. I have no problem with you, I just applied to your posts like you wanted, but I do think "break" periods may be healthy for you. Just my opinion that you can take or leave. Like she said ^^ there are good people in the world and you need to make a friend that you feel the same about your pet with. Sometimes there are people out there that play this too and you can play together. You don't want the best time of your life to be full of time on the computer, I know cause when I was younger I did the same.

Wow, you're 20?! I don't know why but I pictured you being younger. Probably because when I was a little girl I had a doll named Summer. Ever since then I've accsorciated Summer with my birthday and young girls. So are you in college I'm assuming?

Anyway, due to my future residential schooling I'll definatly have a week long break from Neopets.

However, I do want to spend alot of time on the computor, simply because...well....that's just the way I work I guess. But that doesn't mean I can't make a few friends...I just need some help with social skills so I know how to make friends. That's why I'm going to a residential Autism program. I don't have a problem with you either and sorry I reacted so quickly okay?