What happens when you get CG'd?

Naamah D.

I was wondering what usually happens to your account when you get CG'd. Right now, I'm very scared that I'll get CG'd. I was trying to find a complete list of all the toys in Neopets so I could buy them lots of new toys tommorow. There was this website called www.neopetsforever.com. Well....they didn't have the list of toys but it gave me a pop up. Now I am very scared for all of my pets. What if I wake up tommorow and all my accounts are frozen and I can't see my sweet little Neopets again?

PS Am I over panicking because nothing will happen?

Just change your passwords on your accounts. I don't know what the popup was or anything, but it's possible it was nothing. Better safe than sorry, though. If your accounts do get frozen they'll probably just be frozen for your protection, and you'll be able to get them back if you send tickets to TNT. I really don't think this will happen though, especially if you don't take the risk and change your passwords.

I would highly recommend you read the TDN article on cookie grabbers. It really gives a great, straightforward explanation of how to avoid getting CGed and what to do if you think your account has been compromised. CGing can happen to anyone (it's happened to me before), and knowledge is your best defence against losing your account.

set up a pin on your account (including pounding, bank, e-mail, sdb, etc.), change your password, and you should be fine. i've been to tons of shady sites and have yet to be cookie grabbed ~ or at least that i know of! *fingers crossed*

I'm almost in tears right now! What if the possbile Cookie Grabber already has my password?! What if I do get frozen and can't get my accounts back. I feel like such a failure of a Neopet owner.

If you suspect that you've been hit by a cookie grabber (highly unlikely if it's on a domain other than neopets.com, unless you're using a ridiculously outdated browser), just log out of Neopets and log back in again. Any cookies that may have been read from your browser will be invalidated, making them useless for breaking into your account.

You know what? I've messed up big time. I wonder if I should save myself some pain and heartache and deactivate my accounts right now in case something were to happen and start fresh with a new account and never make that mistake again. I'd miss all my pets but maybe if I started over and started on a clean slate, I wouldn't be worrying all night or even save my current Neopets from a terrible fate.

PS I adopted 20 pets and know that it might get overwhelming in the real world. Like when I get a job and stuff. Maybe all this trouble with my accounts happend for a reason....and this is what I'm going to do. Start fresh and not make all these mistakes....from not planning ahead on my future and adopting alot of pets, visiting possibly dangerous websites and more than likley I'll have more time to myself. Neopets shouldn't feel like a farm or chores. That's what it feels like right now. I barley have any time off the computor, even when I'm dead tired I have to be on my 5 accounts for at least 3-5 hours a day. This is what I need to do for myself and in some way for my pets.

Guest Yoshinho

1.Clear all data (cookies, history, cache) then close the browser and open it

2.Change your passwords

3.Change/Add a pin code.

4.Put all your items/NP in the bank so they can be safe just in case.

Stop worrying. You haven't messed up at all. You don't need to deactivate anything.

Nothing will happen to your accounts and your pets will be fine. If you want to ease your mind, you can log out and log back in and then change your password.

Doing that will protect your neopets :)

since i was curious, i just looked up neopetsforever.com....and quite honestly, it doesn't look all that suspicious. it has a ton of well-written guides, its own twitter page, etc. i think you might just be worrying too much. ^^;

chillax, sister! xD

For goodness sake, don't feel the need to abandon your accounts over this. If you think you've been CGed, all you have to do is log out of your account and log back in. CGers can't steal cookies for accounts you aren't logged into, and logging out destroys the cookie, so it can't be used anymore. It's really as simple as logging out to get rid of a CGer. :) No hassle, no worries.

If you think your password has been stolen, which has nothing to do with cookie grabbers, simply change your password. It's just good practice to change your password periodically anyway.

Stop worrying. You haven't messed up at all. You don't need to deactivate anything.

Nothing will happen to your accounts and your pets will be fine. If you want to ease your mind, you can log out and log back in and then change your password.

Doing that will protect your neopets :)

Thanks, I just have a tendancy to make a big deal out of nothing. The only reason I thought that website was a cookie grabber website is because of that pop up. It was one of those pop ups like the ones that say "Congradulations you are one of the 5th people in New Hamshire to win(fill in the blank here) Crurrently I am changing the passwords on my accounts. I would've regretted deactivated my accounts and leaving my pets...especially if I found out from you guys it's not a problem at all.

PS If I were to get frozen, if this actually was a problem, would I have been frozen by now to begin with?

TNT is usually very quick to freeze stolen accounts. If someone had stolen your account, it would be frozen by now.

TNT is usually very quick to freeze stolen accounts. If someone had stolen your account, it would be frozen by now.

Okay, then I guess I can forget all this and continue my life with my pets. Deactivation? What was I thinking! I don't even have the heart to pound not even 1 of my 20 pets. Those pets are such good friends to me and I would just be letting them down. Thank all of you for your help in this situation.