Day 14: Nova Blaster

hrtbrk

http://www.neopets.com/games/play_flash.phtml?va=&game_id=1223&nc_referer=&age=1&hiscore=831&sp=0&questionSet=&r=7074624&&width=650&height=600&quality=low

this link has a smaller screen, i've found some useful tips on this board:

http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=146277439&next=1

both things got my average score up, still haven't reach 500k though

EDIT: ok, just managed +500k, barely though
EDIT2: finally beat, just on time cause i was starting to have dreams about this game

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I really wish this game were a part of the Staff Tournament, just so TNT could see how impossible the goal is. :sad01_anim:

I challenged AAA without playing, first... which was a terrible mistake, as I'm stuck between a gold trophy or just a participation medal, despite all my hard work. :sad02: My highest score hasn't gone much over 300,000, even after hours of practice. If only AAA's score were 400,000, even 500,000, at least success would be in sight.

I'm not going to stop trying, but... I can't help but be frustrated. There's not even a good art or strategy to the game, just button mashing. -_-

Actually I think you will still be credited with a win over Abi if you don't get AAA's score by the end of the month. I challenged AAA with hopes of beating him before the month is out but I'm thinking it might've been better just to challenge Abi. I had done each challenge on the day so far, so I was hoping to get the prize for getting everything on release day. But anyways, make sure you send a score that tops Abi's score and you should at least get silver. But don't give up! There's always a possibility of that lucky game where you get everything right!

I've just made it!!! *sigh* I don't like this game... and my previous high score was 19k... lol

My strategy:

Try to kill the evil novas first and then collect the gems together. That way you can get more points!

1/ Play Hard mode

2/ Level 1: Try to get 50,000+ points

3/ Level 2: Try to get 60,000+ points (total: 110,000+ points). Buy the 3-way shots

4/ Level 3: Try to get 150,000+ points (total: 260,000+ points) and try to die with 1 second left. Don't buy anything since I've noticed I make more points with 3-way shots than 5-way shots

5/ Level 3: Try to get 150,000+ points (total: 410,000+ points) and try to die with 1 second left. Don't buy anything

6/ Level 3: Try to get 150,000+ points (total: 560,000+ points). You should have enough gems to buy 2-way shots AND back shots (10,000 and 15,000 gems)

7/ Level 4: At the beginning of the level, try to kill all evil novas (don't care of the central nova) and collect gems to increase your score. If you can go through this level, next one is really easy! At some points, begin to protect the central nova and hope lol

8/ Level 5: Really easy, don't need to buy anything and beat AAA's score!

thanks for the advice! but somehow i cant get pass level 3 -___-

my computer always lags during that level and i end up losing all 3 lives.

Actually I think you will still be credited with a win over Abi if you don't get AAA's score by the end of the month. I challenged AAA with hopes of beating him before the month is out but I'm thinking it might've been better just to challenge Abi. I had done each challenge on the day so far, so I was hoping to get the prize for getting everything on release day. But anyways, make sure you send a score that tops Abi's score and you should at least get silver. But don't give up! There's always a possibility of that lucky game where you get everything right!

Thanks for the encouragement! I really need it. ^_^ I can tell I'm getting better, but I still have a long way to go. At least there's a few more weeks in the month!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god.

I just beat the AAA score! Yay! *Victory dance*

The golden trophy is just within my reach now.

For those who is about to give up: DON'T. It really is possible. Before this 918k score, I never got more than 600k and never got past the level 4. The second time I got past it, I end up with 918k. (In the first time an hour ago, I got so excited I promptly lose in level 5.) From level 5 on word is really easy. I use the 'go through multiple force' upgrade and the bomb for level 4. Before this I always go with the shield one, but it doesn't work. But yeah, you have to lose in level 3 two times to have enough point to buy it.

What's people's advice on the upgrades that we should buy, in order? My highest score at this point is around 550k, and I'm wondering if there's a better method than the one that I'm using. I start by buying the 3-shot, and then the one that lets your center shot go through multiple enemies, and then the one that expands your 3-shot to the 5-shot. Is there a better strategy?

What's people's advice on the upgrades that we should buy, in order? My highest score at this point is around 550k, and I'm wondering if there's a better method than the one that I'm using. I start by buying the 3-shot, and then the one that lets your center shot go through multiple enemies, and then the one that expands your 3-shot to the 5-shot. Is there a better strategy?

Hmm, I am not really sure but I always did the 3-shot then 5-shot first. And then the shot through multiple enemy and the bomb for level 4. After that is a bomb for evey level. (Not that I use it in every level, once I got the required 700k, I just let my nova die real easy.) I think if you have them all for level4, that's good enough. And someone from above said that he(or she?) couldn't get as much score from 5-shot as from 3-shot. o there is that, too.

I found the cannon shot to not be as useful as the three- and five-shots, honestly. I'd recommend going for those, first. The hypernova can be extremely handy when you're in a tight spot, too. ^_^

Also, I realized after a bit that you can hold down the arrow buttons to fire continuously, which was the defining moment in helping me beat AAA's score. No more button mashing! :S

Announcements