Day 14: Nova Blaster

hrtbrk

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... my computer is rather old... So getting a score of 20,000 is already near impossible. Hmmm... maybe I should negotiate with miss Viridian to do mine lol... Tips? for the game and for my slow computer?

I'll try again later this afternoon, the flash lag has gotten the better out of me.

I'm normally good at this game myself. :P

okay, 118679 on first try, maybe i'll make it afterall

this game sure is annoying :angry:

142044 on second try

oh i was wrong you need 700k not 200 k :grrr:

470679, really starting to frustrate me now

Lol! I managed for 20K, just asking whether it's worth it. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to beat AAA... should I challenge Abigail? That was hard! One word... rampage, it works for me. First get the 3 Shot boost, next the wide shot boost, then do cannon shot, then back shot... :)

This. Is. Bad.

Can normal people really do this dare? (Exclude those on the highscore list.)

I think not.

My highest, after 2 hours, is 362589.

My new highest score: 432418. My fingers feels numb.

Normal people XD that made me laugh. But seriously this game is a pain. I can't use my arrow keys cause the screen keeps moving up and down when I do and using the wasd keys is not something I'm used to *fail* I managed to get a score of 44219 and just went with Abigail. Hope tomorrow will be better DD wise.

I think lag might be a good thing in this game. At least with lag, you can actually see all the bullets flying at you, as opposed to being confused when the game tells you you've lost a life. :laughingsmiley:

This isn't looking too great - I can only get around 150k. Going to wait and see if there are any other games (like MJB) that I won't be able to beat AAA at, and then decide my fate.

Ugh! It's not that I hate this game but I can't get above 120k. How oh how are people getting the score? There are so many shots that I can't escape :sad01_anim:

Side note: Do we not have a game guide for this game? Or am I just failing at using the search again?

Meerca Chase really have meet its match...

But they will lower the score? I never know this could happen! *praying*

Anyway, I am done for today. Will try for the AAA score again tomorrow. I couldn't send the score for faerie cloud racer on the dare day, so I am not so anxious to send score on the first day anymore.

One thing I want to know, though. Has anyone on the neopets team can beat the AAA score? I think it would be quite outrage if all of them can't do it but expecting us to beat the score.

Every time I attempt to play Nova Defender, I just tend to get halfway there with the required score, if not a bit over it.

Neomysterion's still playing Nova Defender like he's never done it before! I'll get to 700,000 points before the day ends, don't worry!

Again, I have managed to surprise myself by scoring 23k straight on my first attempt at beating Abigail. I managed it via the power ups. Here's a tip - even if you die in a level, the gems that you collected will stay with you; e.g. say before level 4, you had 500 gems, if you picked up 40 during level 4 and then died, that 40 gems will remain with you. It's really helpful for getting more power ups before re-attempting the level.

Of course, another option is to just go beserk with the gun and hope you hit the enemies xD that's what I did for the latter levels.

I hate this game, 271k is my hi-score from today. This is ridiculous, I hate when you HAVE to play it on the hardest version to get the hi-score, the only reason I beat Kou-Jong is because I've played Mah-Jong games on the computer so my brain makes matches better. That and the scores roll over even if you can't complete the level.

:grrr: This is SO annoying! I've managed to get up to 220k now but I can't get what I need from level 3. I can't see what's going on there are so many dang fireballs everywhere.

And in case anyone is dumb like me and didn't know there was a shield, when your green bar on the left fills up, you have a shield which you can activate by double clicking. When it's active you can just plow over all the novas and they die, which is handy.

Announcements