So, I got hacked.

Awesome Sauce

So, I was hacked on my main account, nintendoplayer120, losing a bunch of items and stuff. I lost my np, my Zombie Flotsam was turned into a Christmas Flotsam, I lost the Werelupe from the chain (I apologize extremely about that), and I lost a bunch of Nc items. What do I do?

Understandable, I'd be absolutely furious!!! Hopefully TNT will be able to find the person responsible. I don't really know how these things work on their end but I'm sure they'll do the best they can.

In the meantime you should put pin numbers on EVERYTHING and change your password. xx

Not to bring even more bad news, but I don't think there is anything you can do. Sending a ticket will only get you frozen for protection. If you sent one already, CLOSE IT.

We always talk about using PINs and at this point all I would suggest is making sure you have one applied to everything. If by some odd chance someone gets into your account again, they're blocked from accessing a lot of stuff.

Do you have any idea how it could have happened? :O

Did you come across anything suspicious on the Neopets site in the past few days?

Or maybe it was off-site.

The only way I know you can get Scammed by, would have to be a Cookie Grabber...

I'd think TNT could Refund your NeoCash, Since it was paid for with real money...

Either way, Im pretty much getting frozen. If I get frozen for protection, theres a chance I can get the account back.

Nah. They won't know unless you tell them.

I've seen this happen time and time again. In the end, the sad truth is that they're not going to give any items lost back and all you will be left to do is fight to get your account back.

It's a lot more trouble.

The choice is yours, but just saying. And this is coming from a person who still has an unresolved ticket from JULY 2010.

Not really Atta. My 1000 NC was used on junk.

How do you know?

Do you have access to your account now? :O

I would still ask politely if they could do anything about it, I know I would be terribly depressed if I were in your situation :(

The only NC I've ever bought was 500, and that was my whole weeks pocket money.

It would suck to lose so much~!

TNT have been returning pets pounded by CGers lately... so there might be some hope if my werelupe, Caj, was indeed pounded (and she had to have been, she was only sent to you today so they wouldn't've been able to transfer her). NC spent / NC items taken have also been returned in the past.

They're not so good at returning NP, or items, taken by CGers though.

Cajoruth. I, uh, think the nickname was my doing... She's currently on a 4 month old account, Mazzew gone, since I know you're all going to go look. Don't NM the person about her, let Izzy handle stuff like that.

IZZY EDIT: Nah, I always called her Caj :P Her full name is a mouthful haha

TNT have been returning pets pounded by CGers lately... so there might be some hope if my werelupe, Caj, was indeed pounded (and she had to have been, she was only sent to you today so they wouldn't've been able to transfer her). NC spent / NC items taken have also been returned in the past.

They're not so good at returning NP, or items, taken by CGers though.

That's good to hear. This girl in my guild got all her UC pets GUP'd and they were giving her a hard time about it. <_<

Just ignore me HAHA

Awe,man, so sorry Sauce. It boggles the mind why some people do these things (it is only a game, very fun, but only a game). Nice of the person who has caj to send her back. Anyway gl Sauce. (reminder to myself to put in more passwords)

That really is a bummer. I got CG'd before and luckily, all they did was get into my bank (all 7 mill of it :@). I was one of the people who never used PINs, and now, I put them on EVERYTHING. If you choose to go to TNT, you probably won't get anything back, but at least you'll alert them as to what's going on. They can probably take a look at your account activity and maybe even find the IP of whoever did it.

Blergh. This really sucks. :(

A couple of additional standard steps you might want to go through to make sure your account(s) are secure (in addition to changing your password and setting PINs) are:

• Make sure the email address associated with your Neopets account has not been changed (if it has, change it back, otherwise the thief can simply use the forgotten password form to retrieve your password).
  • Make sure your email account hasn't been compromised, and change the password you have set on that as well.

Short of a straight-up phishing scam, breaking into your email account seems to be the most common attack vector for Neopets crackers.* Hopefully with a few checks you'll be able to make sure that area's safe as well.

Good luck getting things straightened out! :)

* These people aren't hackers, see the link in my signature for details.