Are beads useless now?

moocow123

So i've had a bead on my lutari talisman for about a year now....And I have never once experienced anything good from it....no increased events, no increases in score in flash games, NOTHING....has anyone else noticed this too?

i guess you have to have certain beads for certain things..i suppose if I had a crapload of neopoints I would do it but otherwise meh

I think the benefits only start to accumulate once you complete sets, but i'm not really sure...Nobody really knows how they work xD

I've got one green bead and get an increase of Neopoints when sending in my flash games scores. (usually about a hundred nps) Worth it? Probably not.

A staff member here has all the beads in his (I think), and sometimes he says its not worth it but sometimes he does comment on the benefits from it haha

I can confirm the information from this page:

http://www.neopets.com/~Palletship

Basically, having green beads gives you occasional increases in NP on flash games.

1 Green Bead = 10% increase (So 1000 NP becomes 1100 NP)

2 Green Beads = 25% increase (So 1000 NP becomes 1250 NP)

3 Green Beads = 50% increase (So 1000 NP becomes 1500 NP)

4 Green Beads = 75% increase (So 1000 NP becomes 1750 NP)

5 Green Beads = 100% increase (So 1000 NP becomes 2000 NP)

Having red beads gives you occasional decreases in NP when buying something from a neopian shop (not user shops, just those like the Post Office etc.)

1 Red Bead = 2% decrease (So something that would cost 1000 NP now costs 980 NP before haggling begins)

2 Red Beads = 4% decrease (So something that would cost 1000 NP now costs 960 NP before haggling begins)

3 Red Beads = 6% decrease (So something that would cost 1000 NP now costs 940 NP before haggling begins)

4 Red Beads = 8% decrease (So something that would cost 1000 NP now costs 920 NP before haggling begins)

5 Red Beads = 10% decrease (So something that would cost 1000 NP now costs 900 NP before haggling begins)

Note that these effects are random, so they won't happen EVERY time you play a game or go to restock from a shop, but they still happen pretty frequently.

A lot of the cheap beads can be bought (last time I checked) for around 100K - 200K. Some beads, especially some of the greens, cost a few million though.

Nobody knows what yellow and blue beads do at this point, but some people are guessing that they increase the rate at which the green and red beads work, or maybe they increase the odds of random events (like random avatars, Faerie Quests, etc.)

I had the red and green beads on my old account (inactive as of March, 2010). I found that the green were the most worth getting. I dabbled with the other colours, as I read that one should increase random events, but I didn't have those long enough to experience any change in the rates. I found once I had all the green and I think a few blue and yellow, I would get my score doubled in flash games, on average about 20% of the time, which, if you're good at many different games, or consistently play games where you score 1000, it really started to add up. I'd vote that the green are the only ones worth getting if you're interested unless you do a lot of restocking.