Fred v2.0

Not to mention you sometimes have to deal with that lovely menace known as black ice... from growing up in New Zealand, I have to say that ice is definitely worse than snow.

Heh, well in NZ most of the time it's totally invisible. I'm not sure why, but yeah. Nasty. x_x

Black ice is very uncommon where I live. We usually have one or two days where there is fully visible ice that makes driving nearly impossible. Thankfully, it only lasts for a few hours. When I lived in southern Ontario, black ice was more common, since temperatures spent more time hovering around freezing. Up north, it tends to get cold and stay cold, so no ice forms. There is lots of hard-packed snow on the roads, mixed with a ton of sand for enhanced traction.

It's now -27 degrees, but thanks to 35 MPH winds, it feels like -57 degrees.

Yeeaaah, Finland. And THAT'S inside... in my comfy farm bed.

also, my months battlings?

Targeted Mummy (Total of 500 wins) and Jelly Chia (Total of 1140 wins).

Err, I got an HST spot at Jelly Chia, which now has 11550 HPs. -.- Oh, and I have to do a bit more to reach my initial target of 1250. After that... I don't want to even look at that thing.

It's currently -8, but with our 31 MPH winds, it feels -36. I hate the cold. I had to walk to the other building, and by the time I got there (and back) I couldn't feel my hands. I've been back inside for over an hour, and my fingers (and fingernails) still hurt.

I dunno the temp, but the wind is howling at my window and there's snow everywhere. Still snowing a bit too, but it's hard to tell with the wind. In short, I have no intention of leaving my room today.

Ugh. Cold is bad enough, without the wind. The wind makes it even more miserable. The daily delivery will be here in the next few hours, and I'll have to walk to the other building again. After that, I'm not leaving. I only had to do it because my manager decided to work from home today. :laughingsmiley:

Looking out my window, there's about 3 or 4 inches. But the roads are just encased in ice, so the buses can't run. And sicne there's an off campus dorm and the enrineering facilities are off campus as well, we need the buses.

Wish we had snow days and had to miss school when it snowed like that here. :(

But no. LOL

//deprived

Same.

I almost never got to miss school because of snow. There were only two times I remember the schools being closed. Once was in my last year of high, when we got almost 1.5 metres (5 feet) of snow in 3 days. Part of the mall roof collapsed under the weight of the snow, so they closed the schools until all the roofs could be shoveled.

The other time they closed the schools was in 2008. We only got about a foot of snow that night, but the winds were so extreme that they knocked down traffic lights and blew apart an industrial wind turbine! :ohno: The snow drifts in the streets took all day to clear. I was supposed to teach that day, so I got a day off from that.

I'd really like to have another good storm one of these days, but my city keeps getting missed. All of the storms have been passing either north or south of me. :angry:

Announcements