New template: Splat

Hey all,

Go down to the very bottom of this page and select "Splat." Test it out. See if it works well for you. Per our previous thread (a long while ago) about forum themes, Splat seemed to be a popular choice by our staff.

NOTE: Normal members cannot view this theme, so don't mention anything about it just yet. :)

Nice :D *browses with it for a while*

Should the "daily" in thedailyneopets image be orange though? To match with the links and title bars?

Good catch! Changing in a couple of seconds...

DONE. What do you guys think of the logo now (new orange color)?

I'm not sure what I think of this layout. Because it shrinks the text box to fit the post, it leaves a HUGE signature panel open. Ali's post, for instance, looks very unbalanced toward the signature panel, as does mine. The colour is nice though.

EDIT: Never mind. The default layout does that too. :guiltysmiley: It just seems more prominent in the new layout.

Excellent theme! I like it very much, it fits our site much better than the default IPB theme. :yes: In fact, I'd recommend it as our new default, with the IPB theme as an additional option.

It's nice. Very different. The only issue I have is viewing it on my netbook, the text and quoted text are harder to read, even when I adjust the angle of my screen.

I concur here - I have my brightness turned waaay up, so it's less of an issue for me, but a darker default font colour for posts would be a simple yet very handy usability boost. Apart from that, my only beef with the theme is that the posting box is still slightly too wide... but that's OS specific.

But Ian, for later releases, could we start by releasing a few more for everyone, then some for Super and Fantastic Members? (and maybe a very special epic one for us staffers?)

Stop being selfish Co. :P

Seriously, I'm not sure what would qualify as an 'epic' theme... everyone has their own tastes, so it's probably best that we simply cater to that.

Edit: One more minor thing to fix. *pokes the bar at the top of this post, with my display name, IP, etc.* That needs to have its contents centred vertically.

Edit: One more minor thing to fix. *pokes the bar at the top of this post, with my display name, IP, etc.* That needs to have its contents centred vertically.

What browser (and version) and OS are you on? It appears vertically centered to me.

Screenshots are always useful. b) Thanks!

The epic theme would, of course, be compiled from suggestions from all current staff members. It should be like a big, awesome collage of stuff. :D

Like the bar that says the board title/fast reply would have a little horizontal collage of images/other random stuff.

Yes? No?

That actually sounds like a decent idea for an FM theme though, assuming those would be the members who would appreciate that stuff. xD

What browser (and version) and OS are you on? It appears vertically centered to me.

Screenshots are always useful. b) Thanks!

off-centre.png

As you can see, the IP and post number are a bit off centre. It's more of a nitpick than anything else though. xD I'm running Firefox 4 Beta 8 on Fedora 14.

Is there anyway to change the default text color? On my netbook, no matter what angle I change the screen to, I can barely make out the light grey text. Quoted posts are equally hard to view.

Spritzie, if you're on Firefox I'm pretty sure you can use Greasemonkey or Stylish to modify the CSS as necessary. Otherwise you could simply change the theme. :yes:

Yay for Chromium, the free and open source project that Chrome is built on! ;)

I guess we'll have to wait for Ian to decide on a new font colour. xD