Driving test pass!

Secre

I have just passed my practical driving test and am now fully licensed to drive on my own...!

YAY!!!! I win!

Although everybody else in my area of the UK may want to stay off the roads for a little while!

Nice work!

My husband's US driving license expired, and he had to take lessons here and pass the UK driving test, he says it's WAY harder to pass here than the American one. So, go you! You're potentially better than most drivers here ;)

Congratulations!

I remember my driving test, I only passed because road construction was preventing them from going where they usually test you for parallel parking, so I didn't have to do that part of the test.

Luckily we only have to do one maneouvre out of Parallel park, Turn in the road, Bay Parking and reversing round a corner. If I'd have got parallel park I'd have been in real trouble - it's the only one I would have been in trouble! I got the turn in the road so I was massively chuffed!

Nice work!

My husband's US driving license expired, and he had to take lessons here and pass the UK driving test, he says it's WAY harder to pass here than the American one. So, go you! You're potentially better than most drivers here ;)

Lol! Thanks - I just have a tendency to panic which really doesn't work!!

lol congrats. I remember when I did mine, the tester told me "you passed, but just barely". probably because I couldn't parallel park. or back in.. basically anything that involves going backwards :P

That's awesome! I failed my first test horribly because I was nervous. I did a horrible left turn (for you, it'd be a right turn) and cut off a guy waiting to turn into the road I was on, I rolled through a stop sign, and I mounted the curb trying to parallel park. Ugh.

But my second time was a breeze, and I remember being so darn excited that I drove through town all on my own with no destination in mind just because I could.

Thanks all - I'm still on top of the moon and beyond several days later! In fact I still can't believe it - I've been at my boyfriends a couple of days and I am still over the moon!

I did manage 9 minors (15 is the top before you fail) but I dont think that's too much to be ashamed of! Avoided any Serious or Dangerous options which are an auto fail...

*continues to float in a cloud somewhere*

Divya - thats prob because my last big topic was about snow!!!

Congrats! I got lucky with my test. They didn't require me to parallel park. The only thing they mentioned for me was my stops were smooth enough. (I was driving a Delta 88 Oldsmobile. The things was like a boat.) And they didn't like how I placed one arm when turning left.

I'm glad I passed my driving test several years ago, this new 'independent driving' thing that they've introduced in the UK now would've scared me! This being said, I'm pretty sure if I had to take my test again now I'd fail anyway, even though I passed first time, ugh.

I'm glad I passed my driving test several years ago, this new 'independent driving' thing that they've introduced in the UK now would've scared me! This being said, I'm pretty sure if I had to take my test again now I'd fail anyway, even though I passed first time, ugh.

The independant driving thing really scared me as well but it actually wasn't bad. All you have to do is remember a set of about 3 directions at a go and then the examiner takes back over! That was the least of my issues! If anything that makes the test easier because you only have to one maneuver!

I may be looking at doing PassPlus though to try and limit insurance damage - £2800 is the cheapest I've found so far...

Total congratulations! Having a driver's licence is the best thing ever. It opens up so many possibilities. I got my licence as soon as I turned 16. My sister, who is 29, just got her beginners permit today.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have had my permit for like..6 months now and NO ONE will teach me how to drive so i have to depend on people to get me places, the problem is, no one in my family is responsible enough to get me places on time. This is probably my last semester at college until someone takes up the responsibility to teach me, because i would always come to class like 5 minutes late and my grades took a HUGE hit because of it. (my english grade went from an A to a B-)

gz on your driving test! i remember failing that test two times before switching to an easier locale and finally passing it. although i guess that doesn't say too much about my driving skills, haha

and xlaura, have you thought about maybe carpooling with a friend to get to school instead? or hiring a private driving instructor? it sucks that your grades have to take a hit because of your family. sending good thoughts your way~~!