Diseases

siemis

2 weeks ago my pet got a illness "blurred vision" (and I dont remeber to get it somehow!!) that was in the middle of the shattered plain plot step.

I have just that one pet so i had to cure it...

But the "extra thick goggles" cost about 100k!!

So I went to TDN (thank you guys!) to see what I could do instate of loose 100k by buying the goggles.

1. I bought the Dried Black Mushrooms (never mind now it says that it do not work...) and the Minor healing ointment for about 40k

Guess what... YES it didn't worked Òo

And the best is: the cheap mushroom didn't disappear after my pet ate them the expensive ointment DID Òo whats about that?! Thats just mean!!

2. I played the wheels to ether get cured or get another decease who is cheaper to cure

3. I gave my pet poisoned food to get ugga ugga or something who can get cured cheap. She ate it and said something about not feeling well but the illness didn't change.

4.I looked for the goggles in the shop very, VERY often!!

but I didn't want to wait longer because of the plot so finally I had to buy those stupid goggles!

I lost over 140k and a lot of time just because of that stupid illness!

So i wrote a mail to neopets and back came a stupid auto reply!! (ok I send it from the german page but I will do it again on the english page... <<" but my english isn't that good so i thought... nja oò)

I think its very unfair that you can't cure your pet under 100k if you don't have the time to wait <<

And the point why I post this now: IT HAPPENED AGAIN! JUST NOW and i didn't remember get the illness somehow. Is it just ME or can everybody get illness without catching them trough wheels or poisoned food?

And now?! I dont want to spent 100 k Òo so I just wait until the plot is over and the healing spring is open again (WHEN the fairy land is coming back to normal) did I missed an option to cure my pet?

I know americans and health insurance... but if I could I would get one for my pet I bet it would be a lot cheaper since my pet get sick every couple of weeks...

(I'm sorry for all the mistakes ._.")

I read that some people feed their pet with the poison jelly so that their pet can get a "new" disease (i forgot which one exactly) and it will override the current one. The cure for the "new" disease is cheaper.

Your pet probably got the blurred vision from that Apple Bobbing game.

3. I gave my pet poisoned food to get ugga ugga or something who can get cured cheap. She ate it and said something about not feeling well but the illness didn't change.

apple bobbing?! Òo i never ever play that again >___<

Ooops... sorry i missed seeing that you've tried that.

If you find don't mind taking a little trouble, maybe you can switch your active to a pet which you don't mind letting it get sick in place of your BD pet. That's what I do - switch to my least prefered pet, do the daily for the apple bobbing & wheels which give your pets diseases, etc. Switch back to your prefered active after that.

Its a really good idea and I wouldn't mind a little trouble but i have just that one pet ._.

Perhaps you wanna create or adopt another one from the pound, since you do have space for an additional pet ?

@ Yen: Hmm I looking for a Hissi to adopt or create...

I will go to the pound perhaps there is a little pet i fall in love with xD

@kuroida: thanks~ i was sooo lost! after the third jelly my pet catched neonomia =3

thanks~ =3

Just for the record, as it states pretty clearly on our Diseases and Cures page, alternative cures only have a chance of healing your pet - they're not guaranteed to work by any means. That's why they're cheaper.

It's good to hear that you can now cure your pet more easily though. :yes: The cure for Floppy Tongue (from Poisonous Lollypops) is actually even cheaper at this point, so you might want to consider that just in case your pet gets hit by a random event illness again.

@ Yen: Hmm I looking for a Hissi to adopt or create...

I will go to the pound perhaps there is a little pet i fall in love with xD

If you're into collecting avatars and still don't have some of the avatars which require basic pets (eg. Kacheek, Tuskaninny, Lenny and Skeith), you might as well get one of them to help you get the avatar. They just require a cheap item to feed or view to obtain the avatar.

Also, blurred vision can come from apple bobbing. I don't do it anymore for that same reason - you may want to hold off until the healing springs is back in full force.

I tried a few poisonous lollipops and they didn't get my pet sick, so I tried poisonous jelly and that worked. You might have to try multiple times, like someone stated above.

@Yen Oh I didnt know that *_* thanks I will =D

@IrishLiz Yes youre right i didnt get anything good from the apple bobbing just the illness <<

thank you all so much~

its just great that everyone is so helpful here! =D

I miss being able to just go to the healing springs a few times and having "your pet is completely healed" happen :(

I miss being able to just go to the healing springs a few times and having "your pet is completely healed" happen :(

U can try having your sick pet as your active and spin the wheel of knowledge.

I feel that it gives a full heal fairly often. ;)

Alot of the diseases are crazy expensive. :P Every one my pet seems to catch when I get one (you get them from wheels, some of the games, eating certain items, etc) its usually an unbuyable disease (meaning 100K+ cure). Got stuck with one during the last plot BD step. Sucked I -had- to get the cure or miss my achievements for the plot.

i tend to keep a bunch of cheap items that both make your pet sick and then cure it so i dont have to deal with a sick pet,i have at least since the faerie ruin plot. othewise i just go o te healling springs until cured, for anyone who knows what does being sick do to your pet if it isnt your BD pet couldnt it just stay sick?

• 5 months later...

If you dont want to pay over 100k, then you can try buying both Dried Black Mushrooms and Finely Ground Bean Powder. I haven't tried either yet, but I will post feedback as soon as I have finished...

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.