Harry Potter (might contain spoilers)

jumpingbeans

Harry Potter 7  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to see the seventh Harry Potter movie.

• Yes-on opening night (or before)
    • Yes- on opening weekend
    • Yes- eventually
    • No- I'm going to wait to get it on a DVD
    • No- never.
    • Already have.

Hi guys.

First of all, my mom managed to get tickets to see Harry Potter the night before the opening premiere, because her university was offering all graduates to see it then, and bring up to five guests.

Second of all, are you guys seeing the Harry Potter movie? (and have you seen/read the previous ones)

And lastly, if you guys want, we can make this a discussion about all Harry Potter. (That is, if anybody else likes Harry Potter).

Edit: I thought it would be obvious, but there might be spoilers here. Read at your own risk.

I've read the first few books, but not the others. I've seen the other 6. I'm excited to see how this one plays out and I'll go see it eventually. I already know how the 7th book ends so I know it's going to be pretty legit.

I'm planning to watch the movie (both parts) in the movie theater. I'm not necesarily going to watch it on opening night or weekend. It makes no difference to me when I watch it.

I've read all the books and watched all the movies (except for the seventh, of course).

I love the Harry Potter series and would like it very much if there would be a discussion.

I love this series! I will definitely be going to opening night if I can manage to get a ticket, and if not on that weekend. I have read every book, some twice. I write Harry Potter fanfiction, and absolutely love love love Draco Malfoy <3

I can't talk hp without mentioning I'm a girl (I did mention that in my welcome thread but I don't think anyone read it) :P

Anyways. I loved the books. I still write harry potter fan fics lol :P Fav character was Lupin. I pictured him as some hot, kinda lanky guy....like young Clint Eastwood...and then I saw the movie....AND HE WAS SO UNATTRACTIVE!!! D: >.< Whenever I see him I can't write my fan fic without first looking up some Eastwood pics :S

I'm in no hurry to watch it. To be honest I never watched the 5th movie and I didn't even know the 6th movie was out until like a year ago :P Not to mention the 7th book was my least fav hp book...and Teddy does not look like the Teddy I pictured him either (his actor's pic is on hp wikia)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not use curse words.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

As a Harry Potter nerd, I'm definately there. I'll try to see it on opening day, but I'm most likely going to see it the next day.

But first I have to read the book. I never get the time to do so. But I'm going to try to make time to read the first 400 pages before the movie comes out.

I've read all the books. I read the 6th and 7th books both the day they came out. They were so much fun to read! I love the world JKR has created.

On the other hand, though, I'm less pumped about the movie. I'll see it just because, but I'm not going to see it the weekend it comes out. I'm waiting to see it with a particular friend and I'm excited about that. ;)

Speaking of Harry Potter, has anyone else seen A Very Potter Musical on YouTube? I love musicals, so I got a huge kick out of it! It was hilarious!

I love Harry Potter; I'm a huge fan in all areas concerned. I've seen most of the movies on opening night at midnight or at the very least opening week (the lack of car in college was problematic in that area or I would have seen it sooner). I've also gotten books 4 through 7 at midnight of release and finished reading the seventh book within 36 hours of its release. I would have been done sooner but apparently one should sleep. I loved the last book though my favorite is the 3rd book, and I am really excited for this movie. I am SO glad they decided to split the book into 2 movies, there would just be too much that would have to be cut otherwise. I'm hoping to see this movie at midnight also but my friend want to see it in 3D which tends to give me migraines so time will tell if I see it at midnight or not.

I plan to watch it when it comes out in NZ, which is like December to january sometime. It's so busy so I'm going on the nonpeak nights. Definitely haven't seen it yet.

The end of Book 7 left me x_x

But darn it, that boy deserve a happy ending.

Can you please put spoiler tags on that last part? I didn't finish the book yet, and I don't want anything spoiled. Not even little things.

I adore the Harry Potter books! However, I'm not a huge fan of the movies. I realize that they can't fit an entire book into just a few hours of movie, but it still makes me sad that a lot of the details are left out. It's nice to have a visual for some of the places, but I don't like the people they've chosen for some of the characters. (Ginny seems completely out of character in the movies!) Having said that, it's still sort of fun to watch them. I eventually want to see them all, but I'm in no hurry to do so. I'd only go opening night if I had people to go with who would dress up. A group of my friends and I had practically the entire cast of characters at the 7th book release! It was fun and I'd hate to see my Hermione costume continue to go to waste.

I bought an Azkaban shirt years ago that has Sirius' name on it that I wear when I go the Harry Potter stuff which is kind of dressing up but kind of not since it really is just a collared shirt I bought at Hot Topic but its so old I have never seen anyone else with it and it did impress some young kids the last time but they thought I made it, I am not nearly that cool :whistle:

Where do you guys get the shirts? I've never seen them before o.0

I realize that they can't fit an entire book into just a few hours of movie, but it still makes me sad that a lot of the details are left out. It's nice to have a visual for some of the places, but I don't like the people they've chosen for some of the characters. (Ginny seems completely out of character in the movies!)

And Lupin! *dies*

Oh and the 7th book is being broken up into two parts. I don't see why though. The 7th book had the least amount of things happening o.0 They should have broken it up for books 4,5 or even 6....

Where do you guys get the shirts? I've never seen them before o.0

And Lupin! *dies*

Oh and the 7th book is being broken up into two parts. I don't see why though. The 7th book had the least amount of things happening o.0 They should have broken it up for books 4,5 or even 6....

It's because of the fact that book 7 has the most stuff in it that they can't cut out. They could cut out Bagman and stuff, but book 7's all about the horcruxes and the Hallows, they've got to put them in.

And I think they should of split them too.

Several HP fans would cry about how the directors would leave stuff out of the movies. Well, they fixed that. They are making 2 parts, each about 2 1/2 hours long, that way they leave NOTHING out of the book. It's something that the fans have wanted for years, and they're STILL not happy. They complain how it's "2 parts, and you have to buy 2 tickets blarh!!"

Well, would you rather see two 2 1/2 hour movies? Or one big 5 hour movie? I would be able to see 5 hours, but I doubt that many people out there would have the attention span to do so. So I think 2 parts is for the best.