Good Image Upload Sites

Mouseykins

Hi,

I've been using photobucket as my image hosting site and I've noticed that they resize the large images.

I've heard of Imageshack and other free ones, but honestly I can't remember their names. <_<

I need to find another free hosting site for my larger images, but I would like it if the site was like photobucket in the way that you have an account and need to sign in.

If you know of any good sites please let me know. For now I might try Imageshack, but I would still like to know of other sites.

*passes chocolate cake to everyone* :D

I personally only like photobucket, since i will never upload huge files (and they do have a 1mb limit, which works fine for me).

Imageshack.us is a good option. You also have something along the lines of tinypic.com (dont know for sure). If you want to upload photography I recommend you get an account on www.deviantart.com where you can upload pictures as big as you want and can just show it to others.

I was hungry! Thanks *noms cake*

Thank you for your suggestions! I will look into them and find one I like. *easts some cake too*

• 1 year later...

I give my vote to Imageshack.us c:

I used Photobucket until I also realized that they resized larger images. No such problem with Imageshack (^w^)

For anyone interested in hosting images to put on neo, I would advise to NOT use photobucket. It appears that images hosted on Photobucket can no longer be linked on neo (at least on a userlookup layout). After you save the changes, the link will change to "Banned" and it causes whatever page the imge to be on to show up blank with a single backslash (\) in the top left corner.

Strange to notice that this topic was brought back up.

Here's a good one that no one has mentioned yet and I host my images there: Imgboot (http://imgboot.com)

Happened when I wanted to seek better image hosting than Photobucket.

• 2 months later...

Recently I re-did my userlookup and I tried uploading with Photobucket and it resized my image so I went over to Imageshack and it didn't resize at all so it's a good choice for anyone who wants/needs to upload those larger files.

Also on a small note. As Emily stated above Neopets tends to block images from Photobucket, so they won't work on Neo. However, I primarily use Photobucket for everything and all my images work. It could be your username or your album names that are causing it. But I haven't had any problems with mine. Photobucket is still an option, I would just continually check any pages you've customized to make sure everything is working like it should. I do this frequently and have had no problems so far.

Edit: LOL for my 2 year old topic being brought back to life XD

The one thing I hate about imageshack is I can't see a preview of my images unless I click on them and it's annoying. usually when I'm uploading images for lookups and stuff I have to upload several until I get the image exactly the way I want it. I'm not sure if it's just me but overall I don't really like their setup.

Wow lots of great alternatives to Photobucket. I'll def look into some of them :)

A note on Tinypic: it doesn't support PNG the last time I tried; it auto converted it to jpeg if I remember correctly.

So if your images have transparent background, you may have to try elsewhere :)

Wow lots of great alternatives to Photobucket. I'll def look into some of them :)

A note on Tinypic: it doesn't support PNG the last time I tried; it auto converted it to jpeg if I remember correctly.

So if your images have transparent background, you may have to try elsewhere :)

Nope, my lookup uses PNG. Tinypic doesn't convert them.

Nope, my lookup uses PNG. Tinypic doesn't convert them.

I remember that my transparent BG became white; that's how I noticed. Maybe things have changed since then.

One answer: Dropbox

Nothing is resized, and you can download their file manager so you can instantly upload images by dragging and dropping stuff into the dropbox folder on your computer.

Use my referal and both me and you can get an extra 500 MB of space: http://db.tt/h6FKS5Vo

I use it all the time for my digital art commissions. This way I can send the high resolution image to my customer without them having to wait forever to download a file attached to an email (that, and I tell all my customers to never download files attached to emails- it's unsafe).