Why are there so fewer average teams than last year?

lucian94

This year, there were 9 teams with over 20 wins, a number generally considered to make a team "good" at Yooyuball. At #10 is Shenkuu, at 17-7-12, followed by Mystery Island at 15-6-15. As the next best is Brightvale (13-2-21), which is generally considered below-average, that means these two teams are the most "average" out of all 18. At Yooyuball, above them is Haunted Woods, with an imposing 21-7-8 record, and beneath them is Brightvale, followed by Tyrannia's could-be-better record of 9-5-22. But last year, we saw Meridell, Roo Island, Haunted Woods, and Tyrannia all put up "average" winning percentages. So my question is, why are there so fewer average teams than last year?

There are fewer average teams because there was a balance of good/bad. There would've been less good teams if there weren't the teams that almost never won YYB like Moltara and Altador.

There are fewer average teams because there was a balance of good/bad. There would've been less good teams if there weren't the teams that almost never won YYB like Moltara and Altador.

No, Altador was terrible last year too (0-1-29), and Faerieland went 2-1-27.

I think another reason is that the players are getting used to the games. I've been sending more 14 and 15 goal scores than I ever did in ACIII when I started. Not only have players gotten better, but they've been spread out on teams instead of conglomerated in one place.

• 1 month later...

I think another reason is that the players are getting used to the games. I've been sending more 14 and 15 goal scores than I ever did in ACIII when I started. Not only have players gotten better, but they've been spread out on teams instead of conglomerated in one place.

And maybe its because of moltara too. Moltara is the newest and they ended up in last place, plus lots of people expect them to win because shenkuu got third place in 2007. :P

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.