Motivation Methods

Bloom

I make myself play in multiples of five. Okay, I don't make myself, I'm just totally OCD about it. So if I accidentally go over (which I do all of the time since I suck at keeping track of counting) I have to play more to get it even. If it isn't, it's probably because my laptop's connection went down or something. My goal this year is both Rank Ten and multiples of 100 for each game.

LOL! I do exactly the same. I have to end each day on a multiple of 5 or 10 - I occasionally make an exception for Slushie Slinger as it's boring but I get myself far too worked up about it!

My motivation is just to be useful to my team. Since I joined in so late, I have to work extra hard to be not a freeloader. And seeing y'all's counters makes me realize how much farther I need to go. So y'all are my motivation! :D

That's a very good motivation. I know that last year I was just like that. Because I joined RI late and I didn't know what to do, so I worked hard. But I wasn't as skilled as I was this year... I went to rank 2 last year and this year, I'm at least 10 points away from rank 6. It's not an amazing rank, but its better than last year, that's for sure. Yay for counters! ^_^

I don't have motivation to play all the games countless times, so I usually don't participate in the AC too much.

Hmm, there has to be some kind of motivation for you. :P I mean you were motivated to join a team and to try and participate. Can't think of anything? Haha.

LOL! I do exactly the same. I have to end each day on a multiple of 5 or 10 - I occasionally make an exception for Slushie Slinger as it's boring but I get myself far too worked up about it!

SLS is horrible. End of story. Unless you're playing really fast-paced music then it could be slightly better. I usually just listen to Lady Gaga or Beyonce when I play SLS. ;P I know, I'm that cool. xD

I know, right? I don't even comprehend how I was able to send 10 SS games today since I usually stop at just five (or whenever my laptop says so). It feels like less time when you play music that's over five minutes long though. Once I went through three songs in one game and I'm like "what the heck is going on here?!"

I just wanted to offer a tip for Slushie Slinger that helps me survive it:

Start the game, play to between 25-50 points, then open up a new browser while keeping the one with the game going in the b/g. In the new browser, go check your email, change your music playlist, etc...until there are between 4-5 customers at each counter in the game (as we all know & loathe, it takes a bit of time for them to line up - just keep checking back). Clear out the rows, best to start with the top row...and work on one row at a time. Trust me, the 30 seconds or however long you save is a LIFESAVER and makes the game (almost) bearable.

Hope this maybe helps someone!! :)

(I'm also sorry if this is posted in the wrong area - there are so many threads where people despise Slushie Slinger, I didn't know where would be best!! :laughingsmiley: )

LadyAmethyst - No, it fits here just fine! It's how you motivate yourself to play SLS. I would try that out, but I have anxiety. So if I know something is going and I'm not watching over it and lose, than I began to panic because I don't want to make mistakes. xD It's a horrible trait to have. Haha. But that could work for other people for sure! ^_^

I've started using a tally system to keep track of how many games I've played, and that lets me use my perfectionism as a means of motivation. It's something like this:

YYB: ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||

SSD: ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||||

Me: Must... make... lines... *twitch* even....

Unfortunately the SLS row is so much shorter than all the others that I no longer care about its evenness. :P

My main motivation throughout the whole cup was that I wanted to see Darigan in the first tier again. It went so far that I felt bad when I wanted to go to sleep earlier because those points I still could have sent instead of sleeping could have been those points my team would need for a win. During the first round my goal was getting all of the achievements and a higher rank than 2 (never got higher rank than that in the past three years). During second round it rather was reaching at least rank 15 and helping Darigan to reach the top. Didnt even care about the achievements anymore although I still managed to get all of them somehow.