Motivation Methods

Bloom

So we have 18 teams that millions of us chose from. We have 4 games that million of us have to play in order for our 18 teams to participate and win. But there are millions of ways for people to motivate themselves to play those 4 games for one of those 18 teams.

What method motivates you guys to play? And if you want to add in, what methods can you come up with that teams should do?

Personally, I love seeing people submit points. The more I see points being submitted, the more I want to join them. So it gets me motivated to work hard and usually I realize later on that I pretty much reached a higher rank. ;P

But I know there's more than just that. So share with us what keeps you dedicated and invincible in the ACV! :)

I set a goal for myself this time (which I almost reached, yay :D )

And I want to get all the achievements.... Need to focus on that a bit more! :P I still don't have any of the 'random' ones :(

Ah, so you're kind of a hoarder pretty much. Do you go on the Neoboards and submit your answer once you determine your own goal? (:

I only have a few of the achievement awards. I'm not gifted like some ACV participators. xD Some already have them all.

Awweh, I thought that they gave the book one away on the first day... I remember having it. I don't have it anymore because the paint devil thought it was too shiny to give up. :P I think the other two would be given out a lot around the end of the tournament, eh? (:

I created a goal for myself (which I've smashed) so then created a new goal which I've figured out I can reach if I now play 60 games or something a day. So far I'm on track.

My main motivation (aside from my individual level goal) has been the prize shop fund - I am determined to be able to afford something better than trinkets from it this year! I also want all (or nearly all the achievements) as I'm just missing two at the moment - the 14 goals five times and the scoring 6500 in MSN which is impossible atm anyway as my computer won't play it properly.

But at the moment it's mainly because I want to get to my goal and the tournament is nearly over.

I just keep playing and remember AC 2 and how much I want DC to win. When that finally dies and I can't play any more I go get a rootbeer and listen to the song "Move Along" by AAR. It usually woks. :yes:

So for a lot of you prizes give you motivation. Not bad! That's actually pretty good! (: I haven't thought about completing achievements for prizes. I have some of the prizes here and there. But not entirely the whole thing.

Blue of Maraqua - I think RI is doing a fantastic job. ;) And so is Maraqua. Haha.

Tyler the Shenkuuvian - Wish you luck on todays game-match by the way! (: RI is working hard knowing SK is definitely working hard this time around!

So what I heard is that MD has been doing a different method of motivation. Maybe you guys have heard it. They are splitting their own people into two groups: The Castle and The Farms. They are having them go against each other which will nonetheless, give their team twice the competition experience and more points. And it motivates them to work hard. Has anyone heard of that from them or have done it themselves? ^_^

So what I heard is that MD has been doing a different method of motivation. Maybe you guys have heard it. They are splitting their own people into two groups: The Castle and The Farms. They are having them go against each other which will nonetheless, give their team twice the competition experience and more points. And it motivates them to work hard. Has anyone heard of that from them or have done it themselves? ^_^

I didn't hear of that before, but that's always what I do with my boyfriend :P We just compete against each other in side games and both play for maraqua :D

I didn't hear of that before, but that's always what I do with my boyfriend :P We just compete against each other in side games and both play for maraqua :D

Hmmmm that sounds cool! It probably works. I wonder who thought of that! :yes:

I make myself play in multiples of five. Okay, I don't make myself, I'm just totally OCD about it. So if I accidentally go over (which I do all of the time since I suck at keeping track of counting) I have to play more to get it even. If it isn't, it's probably because my laptop's connection went down or something. My goal this year is both Rank Ten and multiples of 100 for each game.

I wish I had someone to share my neopet experience with. ;_; I told my friend about it and she was like... okay. xDD In my group of friends, I'm the youngest. My best friend is 25 and I'm 18. Ahaha. So I pretty much am expected to play Neopets but no one would want to join me. xDD So I envy you right now! :P

I make myself play in multiples of five. Okay, I don't make myself, I'm just totally OCD about it. So if I accidentally go over (which I do all of the time since I suck at keeping track of counting) I have to play more to get it even. If it isn't, it's probably because my laptop's connection went down or something. My goal this year is both Rank Ten and multiples of 100 for each game.

Hehe. I am kind of an OCD about stuff like that. But not for the total. Just how many games I would play during the day. SS I always have trouble motivating myself to play though. xDD But that's cool that you do that! By the way, 2 more games for YYB. ;P Haha. Just kidding.

i'm hoping there's going to be a pirate paintbrush this year (since Krawk won last year) in which case that is my main motivation. Other spurring reasons are the wish to be on the winning team for once and other Lost Deserters on SoLiD (board for LD supporters)intent on getting the cup to our land :D

I wish I had someone to share my neopet experience with. ;_; I told my friend about it and she was like... okay. xDD In my group of friends, I'm the youngest. My best friend is 25 and I'm 18. Ahaha. So I pretty much am expected to play Neopets but no one would want to join me. xDD So I envy you right now! :P

I'm the youngest in my group of friends too. My boyfriend is turning 24 soon, while I'm 17. We all get along just fine, though. I don't really get along well with people of my age. Most of my friends don't care for neopets, but I usually can get my boyfriend to play a game with me. He just wouldn't play any online game himself.

You can also make friends here on TDN and compete over msn or something :)

My original motivations were the All-Star rank, Yooyus from the prize shop & to help out DC...but now that TDN changed the calculator to show the prize shop points, I'm desperately trying to raise them!! I'm not taking home the mere 'fabulous parting gifts' after all this work!! :D

Oh, another way I get motivated is the triple threat tournament in DC. We compete in groups of 3 against other groups, plus I was racing one of my best friends to All-star but he beat me there by 96 games. xD

And we can see our prize points now? :O

Oh, another way I get motivated is the triple threat tournament in DC. We compete in groups of 3 against other groups, plus I was racing one of my best friends to All-star but he beat me there by 96 games. xD

And we can see our prize points now? :O

They're listed directly under how many more games you have to win :)

I'm the youngest in my group of friends too. My boyfriend is turning 24 soon, while I'm 17. We all get along just fine, though. I don't really get along well with people of my age. Most of my friends don't care for neopets, but I usually can get my boyfriend to play a game with me. He just wouldn't play any online game himself.

You can also make friends here on TDN and compete over msn or something :)

Ahh! That seems like a really good idea. And DC vs. RI is today, so we should definitely have a little competition over MSN on how many games you can win in YYB an so forth. ;P Good idea! I'm loving it! xDD

Well I guess I gotta grab myself a boyfriend and tell him to play. xDD First step... finding the right guy. Dun dun duuun! xD

My motivation is just to be useful to my team. Since I joined in so late, I have to work extra hard to be not a freeloader. And seeing y'all's counters makes me realize how much farther I need to go. So y'all are my motivation! :D

I don't have motivation to play all the games countless times, so I usually don't participate in the AC too much.