Too tired

Secre

Is anyone else finding that they are either/both tired of playing the same games too many times already, or just too tired to play the Altador Cup properly due to real life things like work and the inability to stay awake past about 10-11pm...?

Maybe i just have both a short attention span and get tired far too easily!

No, but then again I haven't really gotten the chance to play much in the first place. Also now that LD fell into second place, I'm motivated to play really hard until the end of the AC. (After my tests, of course.)

You are not alone in feeling overwhelmed by the added demands of the AC. I am really having a hard time participating in the AC this year. I hate YYB, so I don't waste my time playing it. However, I still seem to have trouble squeezing in my five games of Slushie Slinger and 50 games of SoSD every day. I'm nowhere near reaching my goal for this year's AC. I was aiming for Rank 5 and I'll be lucky to make it to Rank 3. Plus, I wanted to get all of the achievements not directly related to YYB.

I'm just too tired to play by the time I get around to playing games in the evening. I have to get up for work at 5 am, spend the next six hours driving to work sites, hiking through swamps, through fields of boulders, and up steep hills, getting eaten by blackflies and mosquitoes. Then I have more work to do when I get home, followed by housework and family time. By the time I'm done cooking supper, my brain is too tired to concentrate on much of anything.

Definitely. We just bought a house and moved, and I seriously have PLENTY of better things to do than to play endless games of YYB!!

Like right now for example - I really need to go to Wal-Mart and work on unpacking some more boxes, but I just got done playing 5 games of YYB because I haven't been able to play for the past few days, and I'm soooo close to getting the av finally.

Plus, I seem to be addicted to the tdn forum. :rolleyes_anim:

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! I played almost obsessively to begin with, but due to both the repetitiveness of the games (particuarly slushie slinger which I'm struggling to even play 2 games a night!) and the fact that by the time I get in now I'm too tired to think straight I don't think I'm going to get anywhere near the level I wanted to!

I played like crazy last year. I played so often in the beginning (first 3 weeks) that i burned myself out before i got the all-star rank. This year i have a job and I am taking two online classes. I really have not been stressing about the AC. I am level 2 though already. I like SSD there really isn't much to think about in that game.

I'm not really tired of the AC per se, but I'll admit that there are times when it makes me wish there were more than 24 hours in a day. What, with finals coming up in a week and reports to write for TDN's coverage, I'm not making much headway in my scores at all. :sad01_anim:

That said, I must say that I've found that I really cannot stand Slushie Slinger. It's just too slow for my taste, and it takes way too long to get a decent number of games in. When I do play SS, I usually mix it with SoSD to keep things lively (although of course, that brings up performance problems and all). :yes:

Aeolia, that SOSD score is insane. I admire your patience!

I think a good thing to do when playing the AC is too take a lot of short breaks. Like maybe stretch and take a walk around your house so you don't feel all sore and bored after so many games.

I'm really starting to struggle. I find myself with days going by where I don't have any desire to play and I have to force myself to. I'll probably end up having to stay up for 24 hours straight right before it ends, to reach my goal.

I'm really starting to struggle. I find myself with days going by where I don't have any desire to play and I have to force myself to. I'll probably end up having to stay up for 24 hours straight right before it ends, to reach my goal.

What's your goal? Sorry, I'm nosy and interested in what other people are aiming for!

What's your goal? Sorry, I'm nosy and interested in what other people are aiming for!

My goal was originally rank 20. I wanted to be amazing for my first AC. But I'm being slightly more realistic now. I'm aiming for rank 15. It's the prettiest shield in my opinion. So that's what I'm aiming for. Right now, I'm rank 8 though... so 7 more ranks to go.

If it weren't for the awesome people on the WAM board I would have given up as soon as I reached rank 20.Or maybe even sooner.But now I'm motivated each day to try and help my team.It's a battlefield out there...

I get tired too. D: Although for some reason, the atmosphere of being with the group on the ACV Neoboard gets me going to keep on playing. But staying up until that time is gonna be a no-no for me. I start school tomorrow, so that tradition of waiting for the scores will end. ;_;

But I totally get how you feel. I actually went on a one-week hiatus after we got swept by I believe KD. Haha. (RI is my team btw). Haha. So I think its also the energy that you put in it, and then all of a sudden you get nothing in return because you either lose or draw. xDD

But I totally get how you feel. I actually went on a one-week hiatus after we got swept by I believe KD. Haha. (RI is my team btw). Haha. So I think its also the energy that you put in it, and then all of a sudden you get nothing in return because you either lose or draw. xDD

That's definitely how it's going for LD at the moment! I think I'm now playing because I dislike the shield for rank 10 so want to move up to a nicer shield...

Haha. Great job on getting up to rank ten! I'm on rank five and that was hard for me. Even though I had a lot of time on my hands. I can't sit still for a minute. I did 80 games of SOSD and 10 games of YYB but that was pretty much it. It got me up to rank 5 though... xDD

But I think its for every team that they have a feeling to just relax for a bit. But I think that there's a week left of this right? I never know when it ends, just when it begins. xDD

I've decided rank 16 is my goal...and I hit rank 13 about two seconds ago. I gain far more enthusiasm when there is very little time left and I want a pretty shield which has an equal number! (Sorry, I might have forgotten to warn you that I get a little bit obsessive!)

I barely have the patience to get to rank 1! Then again, I only started participating today, but I'm trying to get as much in as I can since I don't have the foggiest idea of how long this thing goes on. I'm okay at YYB, but the games go on too long and I don't have enough patience to sit through a few hundred of them.

I barely have the patience to get to rank 1! Then again, I only started participating today, but I'm trying to get as much in as I can since I don't have the foggiest idea of how long this thing goes on. I'm okay at YYB, but the games go on too long and I don't have enough patience to sit through a few hundred of them.

If you don't have the patience to complete games, I'd say the best game to play is SOSD (Shootout Showdown). You can go as fast as you want and usually people get at least 5 games done in a minute depending on their speed and accuracy. ;D

Good luck and have fun participating in the ACV. You're definitely going to have fun!