The Wheels

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2020 at 10:00 PM, ohml said:

Do you guys quit dailies after u get the avvie? Cus this is me with the guy right here lol.

Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 8.32.39 AM.png

I only spin the Wheel of Mediocrity now. Sporadically I do Monotony too because it does give good high rarity items, but I too get fed up with it trolling me with giving me the avatar on a freakin' weekly basis, so rude hand gesture to you, Wheel!

14 hours ago, ohml said:

(and wheel of extravagence but us noobs don't count that)

HA! Yeah. That wheel... *shudders*

I did spin it for a while, a year or two ago; me and a Neofriend span it daily for around 3 months I think. Some interesting observations learnt from that...

Incidentally my friend got the avatar in just two weeks! 😲 and she kept spinning to keep me company, and kept a spreadsheet of the results.

The wheel is generous, at first.

You win enough valuable items, or land on the slot that gives you 100,001 NP often enough to largely mitigate the cost of spinning. Depending on the map piece/job coupon you get you might end up having made a profit, very briefly! The next few spins paid for at least.

But as the weeks go by you start to notice how you've winning items less, and you're landing on one of these two WAY more often.

image.png.8f5bd012ead05d05e73d6b23965254fa.png

So you end up gaining 25k back, tops. Once it was landing me on those two pretty much all the time I bailed. I decided then that I wasn't spinning it again until my daily interest paid for the spin. Way to put something off! 😅 I'm within a hair's breadth of being half-way to that goal now, lol. So maybe in another 4 years I'll be ready to face the Wheel of Extra once more! 🤣

Oh no... feeling compelled to spin it now... 🤦‍♀️

OFC I'm hoping that by spinning it now I will miraculously win the avatar... and that by saying that I'm also pretty much guaranteeing it'll happen! 😅

What did I actually get...

image.png.8d877f76951fc880031f9ed7df0a199b.png

What is that one... *goes to look it up instead of just clicking as I'm scared* 😂

image.png.5bb6e3eafff486418ef71a2f81632cd6.png

No! 😲

It can't be, I'm still afraid to click on it because I don't believe it. 🥴

*goes to check prefs instead*

6AASrzp.jpg

*faints*

49 minutes ago, ohml said:

You should be thanking me :P. jkjk

No, you are totally right! 😮 You set the ball rolling! So thank you very much indeed!  :D:D:D

• 4 weeks later...

So I've started spinning the wheel of misfortune with my youngest pet. She's only read one book, and that's Fishing Made Easy. That way I can get a possible fishing skill boost if she forgets it and I read it to her again. It happened the other day, but i forgot to check if it did anything. Is that against the rules, do you think?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nooo! I spun the Wheel of extravagance for the heck of it but forgot to change to my battle pet. So I paid 100,000 np for +5 defense on a pet that doesn't need it. Blah.

edit- 5/27/21 I just got the most I've ever gotten from the Wheel of Misfortune- 10,000 np. JennyNeo says the wheel can only give out 4,000 np Max, so I'm sending them a note.