Dragon Cave Discussion Thread

Ruto

And another new one (It appears you can have more than four abandoned eggs and hatchlings at once...): CLLG.gif

Apart from the special restrictions laid on metallics, and paper dragons, can any dragon breed with any other dragon?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, Splits can only breed with Splits, but other than that all dragons should be compatable. There are some pairings with very low produce rates, and sometimes individual dragons just don't like each other though.

There is one grey (storm, I think) dragon in my section on the viewing thread which doesn't actually belong to me anymore (abandoned because there was no room in my siggy...).

By the way, how come some dragons of the same species and gender look different? Like black dragons, and vine dragons (ref. Anime's dragon herd). And do dragons grow up faster if you have more dragons in total on your scroll?

By the way, how come some dragons of the same species and gender look different? Like black dragons, and vine dragons (ref. Anime's dragon herd). And do dragons grow up faster if you have more dragons in total on your scroll?

Those are called Alt (short for Alternate) dragons ^^ They're much more rare than the usual vine and black dragons because an alt can only be gotten through breeding, and you never know till it hatches because the eggs look the same. Regular vine dragons and black dragons can be gotten from the front page of the Dragon Cave site, the abandons page, and through breeding. Alt vine and black dragons are only randomly through breeding or the abandons page, if you're lucky.

All dragons grow up the same way, thankfully ;D A 7-day time limit can be bothersome, but it's the same for everyone.

You might note someone with a lot of dragons raising their fast, but that's likely more experience and knowing where to post an such than a sped up time or anything.

Um, it's ONE week between breedings.

And we've been talking about that- the only offical not-going-to-work pairings are GoldxGold, GoldxSilver, SilverxSilver, and SplitxNonSplit (which you can't even try to do). You just have really bad luck.

You might note someone with a lot of dragons raising their fast, but that's likely more experience and knowing where to post an such than a sped up time or anything.

But I've seen some people with grown-up dragons who have the same number of unique views (and sometimes only half as many), about 5 clicks, and less than 2000 total views. Also, my dragons seem to be growing up faster now I have a grand total of 9 grown-ups.

Speaking of which:SRB7.gifwEBm.gif04KE.gif

Those are ERed dragons. As a dragon gets closer and closer to running out of time, they take less to hatch/grow up. So, in theory, a dragon could have less than a day left and very few views, get ERed, and hatch around 750 unique views (or less, even), then do the same as a hatchling and only end up with around 1500 uniques.

Oh, SUmmers are out? I was wondering when that would happen. They're not new, they're just rotating through again. That's one whole rotation now.

Managed to find this one:

NGi3.gif

Blee! Now for some of the ones I already have. I'm desperately trying to hatch a male Pebble. :P Also, they're not going into my siggy since my eggs seem to develop soft-shell when I do that. :(

l0FK.gif NOro.gif NWSx.gif 9apE.gif