TNT being Greedy

CAV of Gang Green

They just want more. So you could definitely argue that they're greedy - like any for-profit company.

Unfortunately, money makes the world go round. People want more and more of it. But why? They do nothing with it.

Before you know it, people like Viacom will have wanted so much money, that the value will go down. To the point that the american dollar will be worthless.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Yoshinho

BTW it does take lots of money for neopets to be up and running for a long time. The NCmall, I just tend to ignore it and buy what I can with the free NC and free items.

Keeping old content is not so responsible because you wouldn't try new things.

I think they are greedy and even though money funds the site, they really do have more than enough and should be giving more to the users. and they are slowly draining the fun out of what was supposed to be a FUN game site! I am close to the age of some of the younger TNT members, and I can see greedy and not caring all over most of their faces. Users have even said some TNT mod's are more willing to give you back your account then others, and they will tell you which TNT mods do what, that is so wrong that depending on who you get you may or may not be treated fairly! Politics should not be involved on Neopets! EVERYONE should be treated equally! I am sorry but I can see why stores stopped selling neopet items, it is loosing popularity and I bet you that is why the NC mall was made, to make up for all those users they ahve been loosing. Adver video (aka video ad's that sponser neopets we watch so we buy their products) are gone, Neopets advertises itself now, lol.

No I know it is, but the video is always the Neopets video. I remember the videos used to be for Post cereal, Nickelodeon, Mcdonalds, Toys r us, various movies, and other companies. Now Neopets advertises Neopets.

No I know it is, but the video is always the Neopets video. I remember the videos used to be for Post cereal, Nickelodeon, Mcdonalds, Toys r us, various movies, and other companies. Now Neopets advertises Neopets.

It actually depends. They go through phases. Not too long ago, I saw a Fruit Loops one. They seem to not have anything else for awhile, then it goes back to other companies ads.

You guys DO understand that the people working for neopets get PAID and that it's their JOB it's not like they volunteer.

Most of the time when you have a job you want to get paid more money and make more money for the company.

If there was no NC mall the only way they could make money would be by ads and merchandise.

And since most of you are complaining about the ad's too, lets get rid of that as well.

Now, you want all the employers of neopets.com to run off of selling merchandise. Which isn't going to be a significant amount of money.

And even after that you'll probably still complain about them not having "enough new plots/features etc" when to MAKE those plots and new features they have to employ people to do those kinds of things.

People need to seriously stop complaining because if you want new features and more plots and crap you're going to have to pay for it one way or another.

No one is forcing you to play, anyways ^_^

In most, if not all, companies (companys?) get 90% of their profit from ad's, and in Neo case, that'd be more than enough to keep them running and still making hundred's of millions yearly.

I would say that they are just plain greedy, but they are an company, and the idea is to rack as much of profit as possible without sacrificing the enjoyment of players/customers. Aslong as we have an good weekly basis of stuff that does not relate of you paying anything, it won't go past the line between making profit excluding ads and just making an rip-off.

I saw an ad for Kraft Mac and Cheese.

Besides, they still get money for advertisement. In the AC, they had sponsorship from Kraft and Popsicle.

Neopets is a corporation so obviously they would want as much money as possible. I think their greed is bearable right now, but if they ever release cash BD weapons or something then I think a lot of people would get upset and quit.

If you ever think Neopets is being too greedy, then just stop supporting the company and quit. o______o

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, I think the NC mall brings them much more than $1,000.

Personally, I dislike the NC mall, it's annoying. But I guess whatever works to bring in the dough, right?

I don't know if that makes them greedy, because I'm sure it makes some cash to keep the site going.

It is big, after all!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.