Codebreaker

Ethan

I don't know if this topic should go in the AOTA section, or the help section, because it's both. Does anyone know how the codebreaker game works? because it's confusing with all the different runes per circle... and does anyone know how high of a score you must get to get the item?

Edit: According to TDN you must get 520 points, which I got ^_^

It confused me at first as well. The only row that matters is where the arrow points - the vertical line at the top.

That was helpful to know, I was so confused at first!

This game was really frustrating, you waste so many turns finding out which light is for which gear, trial and error only gets you through the first level. From then it's down to luck.

The way I did it was with a trusty pen and paper. First, put a single color on all of the rows (so all reds for example) and mark down how many reds there are. Go through each color and it will tell you how many of each color you need for the code.

From there on, try random color codes but KEEP TRACK of which codes you used. I finished mine on the first try so I included my answer codes on here so you can see what I did for the second level:

1 pink, 1 yellow, 3 reds

red yellow red pink red (1 correct)

red red yellow pink red (3 correct)

red red red pink yellow (2 correct)

red pink yellow red red (3 correct)

red red yellow red pink (5 correct)

It's all trial and error so keep trying and keep track of what you have already done.

Green means you have one in the right place. Yellow means you have the right color, but it's in the wrong place. Red just means don't use that color.

A blank space still counts as part of the combination. Treat it as you would any other rune. If you enter BBBB (blank, blank, blank, blank) and it give you two green. Keep any two and then move the other two onto the next color.

I actually quite liked this game :O because for the first time it requires brains (sort of) instead of skills ;p. But at first I didn't know blanks could be treated as runes as well, so I got really frustrated hahah.