Bored with Neopets, what to do!?

StockMarketMad

Wow, I really wasn't expecting all these responses! I've had loads of internet problems the past week so that's why I haven't had chance to reply but thank you so much everyone! Ill go through your suggestions now as I have a few questions about them. I love all of your suggestions about hobbies and having goals though, especially yours Tamara on your pet page.

Trophies

I love the prospect of having loads of trophies as well, I've got the few usual ones but I need to get the rest of them, I've got Cheat!, Bob, Snow Wars but I'm sure there's loads more now!

In term's of Avatars, I have 84 at the moment, they're only the basic ones that you pretty much get from clicking certain pages, with a few exceptions where I've spent time collecting certain items, such as the Orange avatar, which was fun to get! But that was years ago when I got that!

I'm sure Avatar collecting is very fun when you get into it, maybe I'll give myself a goal to get an extra 16 and get up to a nice rounded off 100.

Restocking

How do you go about earning so much money from restocking!? I have got to say I am a bit of a money hoarder, the more I have, the more I want! I used to love doing the old restocking from buying stuff from places like the pharmacy and getting small 100np+ profits per item because that seemed to be the only place where people didn't buy items from shops instantly, when I had a chance of buying them myself!

Battledome/Dream Pet

I have a decent pet at the moment due to the Lab Ray and some occasional training, until I got lazy! 150+ hp, about 90 Strength and 40 Defense. And I have some decent weapons worth up to 300k, but no more as BD items that do more damage start costing ridiculous amounts! So I think that is an idea to leave for now.

Stamp Collecting

I've never been a big fan of the stamps since they came out, is it fun to collect? Is it expensive? And are there LOADS? Are there loads of basic stamps to get my collection started out and then can go on to working towards the rarer stamps or what? I'm not really sure how it works.

Side Account

I'm not too keen on this idea as I would like to focus on my current account, I hate the initial restrictions NP put on new accounts too!

Taking a break

Don't need to take a break as I haven't played NP properly for a couple of years now, I'm just really trying to get back in to it but have got bored already!

NeoQuest

NeoQuest is something I'm really interested in! I had a go years ago at NQ1 and really enjoyed it, but didn't get too far. Is it fun still fun? Is it tough to do?

Kad Feeding

How does that work? Is it just a matter of refreshing until you find a pet you can feed? And is it an expensive business?

Gallery

Having a nice Gallery is something I'd like to do later on, after having completed some of the other things mentioned here.

Illusens Glade and Jhudoras Cloud

I used to love doing them until I forgot to do them and had to start all over again, maybe I should start them again! How many does it take to get a trophy these days?

Beauty Contest

My pet is currently a Start Flotsam and I'm not very popular, I don't know many people on NP so I don't think I'll be winning any beauty contests :P

Guild

I'm in a really nice small-ish Guild at the moment, so I hope to start helping out around there more, which should keep me occupied and is a bit of fun too!

Well thank you for your suggestions everybody, if you could help answer my questions or even just leave a few comments on what you think, that would be great, I really appreciate it! :)

Ah, I see.. as in elite restockers. Thats cool! :P I'd like to do that one day.. anyone know of a good guide for that?

-------

Its pretty easy to get to 100 without trying. If you want a challenge up that to 200 ;)

Restocking

I assume from big ticket items (stamps, special books, draik eggs, etc.)

Stamp Collecting

There are lots of stamps and they do start to get quite pricy ... ummm theres a page on here about stamps somewhere...

Kad Feeding

Its not too expensive. It is quite challenging though since there are alot of people who like to do it. What you want to do is go into the games board on the neopets boards, and look for KAD feeding times. These are the times that the kads will be hungry again (and ask for a specific food.) Get that food and feed it to the kad, but you have to be quick as there are alot of ppl feeding kads. How many kads you feed will be on your user profile, you get a bronze trophy for 1 kad fed, silver for 10 and gold for 25. (You get an avie at 75). If you want to know more about this topic message me :P

Those are the topics I know the most about. So I replied to them and not the others.

I hope that was somewhat helpful :)

Why don't you try and start a mall shop?

It's not hard at all and it's really addictive :)

This is what I did when I got bored :P

If you need some tips on how to start a mall shop, just neomail me @ P45soa or send me a message here :)

Another great way to enjoy neopets is collecting something.

With collecting avatars, you often don't need to spend millions of neopoints. So this may be a great way to start.

If you don't cary about spending a few million, you may try to make a nice gallery.

Try to make a gallery with stuff you like.

Maybe you can start a gallery with retired objects. Some may be expensive, but you can be sure that when you ever sell the items, they will have been inflated ;)

Or you can start a gallery with interesting books.

Or maybe a gallery with only shiny stuff. It's all up to you! :) If you are lucky, you may even win a gallery trophy!! :D

If you can spend over 10mill, you can start collecting stamps.

Restocking is about knowing the shop where you restock... and refreshing. For instance, a lot of items that stay in shop between restocks are junk and shouldn't be bought (except on half price day for some of them).

Yes NeoQuest is still fun. It's the same as before ;D Get a guide and map and you are all started. :)

http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/boardlist.phtml?board=16 (check for a board with a lot of replies to get all appropriated links)

Kad feeding is fun. You should definitely try that. *mew mew mew*

For the Beauty Contest, you could post on here and we would vote for your entry. Also if you put the link to your entry in your Neoboard signature and go post around different topic, people will silent vote for you. (Help Chat, Quest Board, etc)

I edited your quote a bit:

Trophies

For a lot of help, Check:

http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=garmfay

http://www.neopets.com/~My_First_Little_Pony (game guides)

http://www.neopets.com/~tied_trophy_scores (easy trophies)

http://www.neopets.com/~paravidya (trophy guide)

Like others said before. 100 is no challenge ;) Try to go for 200.

Check out http://avatar.starried.net/

Restocking

For a guide to restocking, I would recommend:

http://www.neopets.com/~tranquily

I myself love restocking. I once bought a fire draik morphing potion for 18k at kauvaras :)

My own tips for restocking:

If you're not premium, use FireFox with ad blocker to get rid of all the ad's. (There is a really good guide to do so here on tdn) It will let your refresh and buy items a lot faster.

You will need a rather fast internet connection and a good pc.

At first you will not be able to buy items very fast. But you will get better. Keep practicing.

Refresh once every 2 seconds. The closer you refresh to a restock, the more chance you have for buying an item.

Don't haggle!

Battledome/Dream Pet

I can't say much about this. You need to be rich first I guess ;)

Stamp Collecting

I would only lose a lot of neopoints on this I guess. Only go for stamps when you are really rich.

Taking a break

A break is only good if you have been too much on neopets and got bored because you've been playing too much.

NeoQuest

Neoquest is great. It's fun (don't play it too much or you may get bored) and you can get nice prizes from it. (especially when you play it a 3rd time. Then prizes are worth over a million neopoints!)

Kad Feeding

This is how I do it:

I go to the games forum on the neoboards.

I check the topic with the kad feeding times.

I open a tab with kads and a tab with the shop wiz.

I refresh the whole minute they may need to be fed (check the topic with feeding times for the exact minute)

When they refresh I doubleclick on a kad food item, push ctrl+c (to copy the item name)

I push Ctrl+tab and Ctrl+V (to go to shopwiz and paste the item name)

I buy the cheapest item from the shop wiz and push ctrl+tab again (to switch to the kad page)

I click on the kad I want to feed.

I hope I was fast enough :)

Gallery

Check my other post for nice Gallery tips.

Illusens Glade and Jhudoras Cloud

To get that trophy you need to do them as fast as possible twice a day since the first day.

How many days you need to do this depends on how fast you do the quests :)

Beauty Contest

I don't have any experience with the beauty contest, so I can't help you here :S

I see a lot of people asking on forums and the neoboards for votes, so I don't think you need to be popular ;)

Guild

Being in a guild could indeed be fun. I'm not really active in a guild, but if you make some friends there, this could be really fun.

Again, thank you everybody for your suggestions!

I've been giving a few things a go...

I've been Restocking in a few places, I've tried my luck at the Chocolate Factory and made a reasonable profit, probably about 20-30k. But the most important thing about it is that it was really fun, so I will definitely be doing more Restocking :D

I've got myself my 100 Avatars, which was pretty easy as I already had about 80. And now I will progressively get to 200.

I've been playing NeoQuest and that's pretty fun, I'm about level 17 I think and I'm just playing it on and off when I've done other things, so I don't get too bored as you said, Dice.

I have also decided that I'm going to create myself a nice looking User Lookup, Terror Mountain/Snow themed, and I have already started with a few things:

- Painted my Flotsam with the Snow Paint Brush!

- Painted my Angelpuss with the Snow Petpet Paint Brush!

(I think you can get 2 Avatars from my Pet lookup now actually! :D)

- I've created a nice Terror Mountain Neohome.

- My Shop mascot is the Snowager, obviously!

- My current User Lookup is a pre-made Terror Mountain one that I found when the Altador Cup was on so that's in place at the moment and looks good, but I want to make my own.

- My avatar is set to the Snow Day avatar which shows on my lookup.

- I have bought some wearable items and such for my Flotsam, so she has the Terror Mountain background, the Terror Mountain flag garland thing, a frozen Chia gnome next to her, and some awful looking socks hahaha. Oh and a Carrot on her head but that comes with the Snow colour :P

After I've made my lookup I may create a Snowy gallery, that would be fun. I'm going to get myself some more trophies as well through playing the easier games, hopefully I'll get my NeoQuest trophy soon as well!

Thank you everybody, you have been a big help and I will keep you posted on any more updates! :)

ooooh Dice I liked your post it gave me ideas of some stuff to do :P hehe.

another good idea was the collecting stuff - I like to do that so much! :) Im thinking of starting a pirate collection (though its prob gonna be a bit expensive).. I already ahve a snowglobe one and a stained glass window one .. they are addictive as well! :P

• 10 years later...

collecting all the usuki stuff is fun!😀

This post has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not bump topics that are no longer relevant. This is 11 years old.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED

• 5 weeks later...
  • hrtbrk locked this topic