Krawk Island crushed by feisty Kreludorks

Guest Krawk Islander

Guest Krawk Islander

In a match that no one would ever predict, Krawk Island has just taken a major blow to their standings (and honor) by being completely overrun by Kreludor. Here is our daily report:

kreludor_group.gif

"Thanks HBK! Indeed, today's results can only be described by one (arguably overused) adjective, and that is stunning. Nobody, and I mean nobody - no analysts or players, no fans or reporters - would have dared to predict such a clear, decisive result to this major milestone in the fourth Altador Cup. Team Kreludor, making a comeback after a period where many doubted their ability to hold their position near the top of the leaderboard, achieved an unprecedented (okay, so there was another available adjective) across-the-board sweep of the Krawk Island Pirates! No, you didn't read that wrongly: throughout the Colosseum, you can clearly hear the sound of Kreludor's supporters singing the ever-jubilant anthem "We Are the Champions" (this is interspersed with the usual angry shouting, screams, and occasional tear gas fire, but you get the idea).

Well, it doesn't take an analyst to get a clear idea of what this victory means. The two popular favourites for this year's cup squared off, and one gained a complete victory over the other. A prequel to the all-important group 1 finals? Many experts think so, but some disagree (a risky thing to do with all the fans this excited):

Today's match was certainly decisive, yes, but it wasn't decidin'. You can't just go predictin' the finals based on one match - that's what amateurs do, and they always turn out to be wrong. Wait an' see, that's what us profess'nals do. The Pirates have just gone and done something completely beyond what analytics would've said - they might spring back, take us all by surprise and win the day, or they might go droppin' down the standin's like a stone. Wait an' see, wait an' see... said one, shortly before being attacked by angry mobs of supporters from various teams.

That said, just about everyone is keeping their own counsel on what happens next, most notably the team captains and coaches. It seems every club in the tournament is looking to see how they can turn this remarkable outcome to their own advantage, so we could certainly be seeing some very curious results as we count down to the finals. This is the Altador Cup after all, almost anything can happen.

Oh, I've just got word that BlackJaguar has been trapped in a riot a couple of sections across from here. I'll have to cut this report short and see if I can help out - HBK will fill you in on the details of today's other not quite so stunning results. Congratulations to all you victorious teams out there, and good luck to everyone else! This is AA, reporting for The Daily Neopets at Altador's Colosseum, signing off."

Thanks for the report AA. In other news, we see the victory of Lost Desert over Shenkuu, which made them rise to 3rd and help KI not fall from their silver lining spot. Maraqua beat Tyrannia at YYB, and now go face the best team in the competition - Kreludor. We wish them the best of luck.

Who wasn't surprised! o_O but it was a welcomed surprise congrats Kreludor they've been playing well with a great strategy! But KI is right behind you watch out LOL

ok i really didn't see this one coming. i guess KI just needs to work hard, and not let this sweep get us down!

matter of fact, i really do hope that MA does win today. then that will push KI back to the top

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Krawk Islander) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post. Use the 'Edit' button. Thanks! :)

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I am so shocked!

When I was opening the results page I closed my eyes and slowly peaked at the page since I was expecting the usual KD performance against the powerhouses (some Ds and Ls with maybe one W if we were lucky) and when I saw the results I seriously just stared at the page for 5 minutes speechless.

On another note, congrats LD. You guys have been playing great!

Now let's hope KD can can avoid another trap they have fell for in the past, underestimating teams lower in the ranks, such as Maraqua, and under performing against them.

GO KRELUDOR!

I expected this kind of result today after looking at the Top Scorer's Standings in YYB. I looked at the rise of Qlydae Wegg vs Soley and Wegg's average was rising like crazy. Soley was rather slow on the other hand. I also knew that if Qlydae had risen by a big margin then his strike partner, Zenor Kevix,who is almost as good as him must also score a big average. It seemed as if I was one of three KI fans playing YYB at 10 pm(US time) against Kreludor's thirteen. I knew KI would be owned in YYB but certainly not all the side games. I expected them to at least draw in SS and MSN but we lost.I am very disppointed with KI as I played 44 YYB matches scoring 14-0 a match to no avail. I guess playing over 40 matches is not good as when i played 40 against LD in YYB , KI also lost. Is it karma? Maybe. But this thrasing against KD gives us benefits too. Now, I hope all KI fans will realise that we have to work for the championship and play as much as possible to at least finish second in DRR and not just play a few matches thinking it is enough for a win. I played to my max today staying up late and also playing before going to school. But what did I get? A clean sweep vs Kreludor. Although this might discourage me, I will not underestimate KL, FL, TM, HW, MQ and TY at all(especially MQ, TY and HW). I hope that KI fans will help me and give me more support showing me I am not the only one playing YYB for KI in the early hours of Malaysia, that is night time for US. If you guys can't play at night, hit a jackpot in the morning for KI. I hope that KI can bounce back from this massive blow and play better and win in the Finals if they can clinch a place in Group 1.

33135.png

Ugh!? Seriously, I am on the verge of just playing to get to level 20 and the rest of you can just go hang...

12292.png

Dont worry I feel like that too! I played all day yesterday!!! Just have to keep going and see if we can get some results!

Ugh!? Seriously, I am on the verge of just playing to get to level 20 and the rest of you can just go hang...

12292.png

They're not worthless efforts. At least, you get a lot of points for the prize shop at the end of the Altador Cup. ^_^

That is pretty sad that we got swept when i played as much as i did yesterday. I think it will actually be good for us in the finals to get swept now. We now will want our revenge.

Congratulations to LD for finally making it to 3rd though.

Absolutely wow guys! Definitely a day to remember, eh? Kreludor, that was...(get ready for it) outta this world! (I warned you!) I wish the schedule was already up for next week so I know when we're gonna play you. I'm exhilarated for our third place spot, even though our side games have been less than impressive...GO LD!

Absolutely wow guys! Definitely a day to remember, eh? Kreludor, that was...(get ready for it) outta this world! (I warned you!) I wish the schedule was already up for next week so I know when we're gonna play you. I'm exhilarated for our third place spot, even though our side games have been less than impressive...GO LD!

LD you're on! I can't wait to see how we do against you guys...

But before then Saturday we have Shenkuu so we have our work cut out for us tomorrow.