TDN Members - What is your "Dream Pet"?

Izzy ♥

• 4 months later...

I'm slowly working on my dream team of pets. I make backstories for my pets which help me decide their looks/clothing. I also work in the things that I collect and activities that I do on Neopets. Hopefully you'll enjoy:

Pim Truenote – My first pet. He was named/is based on a tiger-like creature that was a familiar for one of my tabletop RPG characters. Pim was silver and got in a fair amount of fights with her. So he is my Battledome pet (still training/figuring that out). I have a Pirate paintbrush that I need to use on him, since that is the closest look to the original Pim. He is the captain of the sky-ship Scimitar, which is manned by a crew of petpets. All of my pets fled there when the Flash Catastrophe destroyed both their original and new Neohomes.

Kia Truenote – Kia is currently a Lost Desert Kougra. I got her from the pound not long after I made Pim. She was a regular Kougra who I painted. I also ignore the Kougra14 after her first name. She will be repainted as a Daragan and I will be giving her a librarian look, which means dipping my toe into NC trades. She's is my book trophy pet, I'm currently working on both. She and Pim are happily married. She collects backpacks and interesting school supplies – mainly Kougra and Faerie ones.

Cutter Wolfking – Cutter was the second pet that I made specifically for my oldest son. He wanted a Cloud Kougra named Cutter (our last name) but was too young to have an account. We compromised and he agreed to a pseudonym for our last name. He promptly lost interest and is now a surly teenager who doesn't care. So Cutter will be getting a purple paint job. He will be my food club pet and is the financial manager for my pets. His favorite thing is investing in stocks and collecting interest from the bank. He's got a lengthy backstory involving shady criminal organizations in Neovia, his rise to power in one such organization and his success at reinventing them into a legitimate corporation but that is a tale for another day. He likes to read recipe books, collect posters and t-shirts. He's gonna have a nice Gothic look.

Kahmaat – Kahmaat is my new Lost Desert Kougra, created for my now side account. She was created as a result of the “Frozen Account” incident that hit Neopets several years back. I've moved back to my main account (a long story involving how to move a Lutari) and she has moved with me. She runs the pets' Neostore where she sells all the treasure they collect on their adventures. She will stay a Lost Desert Kougra but I will find some new clothing for her. She collects stamps and other collectibles.

Tikka Tokk – Tikka is my Lutari who currently resides on my side account. She is an archaeologist and tinkerer. She loves discovering treasure and inventing robot petpets. The current plan is to morph her into something else, move her to main account and then morph her back into an Island Lutari with a potion. I have the potion but haven't done it yet. Mostly because I'm scared it won't work. She collects snowglobes.

Black Bery – Bery is a pound pet that I got when I belonged to a now-defunct adoption guild. My intent was to zap her into something cool and adopt her out. She is now my labray pet for avatar purposes. However, if I end up being able to collect avatars using TDN, I don't know what I will eventually do with her. She may live her best life on my side account or if she is zapped into something cool and someone wants her, I may still adopt her out.

Thistle (Last Name Unknown) – Thistle will be my Christmas Vandagyre. She's going to be my witchy pet. I haven't made her yet and I'm still working out her backstory. I do know that she will collect plushies and toys. I also have a rather expensive outfit put together that will require NC items. She also likes gardening and reading spell/magic books. I'm kind of waiting to see what I will do with Bery before I make her but will collect her costume and gear while I do.

Unnamed Draik – So while investigating what I need pet-wise to collect avatars, I looked at Draiks and fell in love with the Woodland Draik. He will be Thistle's partner-in-crime so he'll need an appropriate backstory and name. I think he have something to do with the fairies. He will also love apples. It will be fun putting all that together.

I really need Neopets to let us have more than 6 pets on an account (not counting premium). I also wish TNT would give us renaming scrolls or tokens or something.  I played a dragon pet game where you could rename them but you had to pay for a scroll. Helped with cool looking but badly named adoptions.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/8/2021 at 5:27 AM, Mayetra said:

I really need Neopets to let us have more than 6 pets on an account (not counting premium).

This. The last increase in pet slots was November 18, 2019 (which is my birthday, actually 😋). I wasn't able to find the dates for the previous pet slot additions, though, so I don't know how frequent they are. But It's been about a year and a half, so hopefully we'll get another one soon! 🤞

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2021 at 10:21 AM, TryVegan4TheAnimals said:

This. The last increase in pet slots was November 18, 2019 (which is my birthday, actually 😋). I wasn't able to find the dates for the previous pet slot additions, though, so I don't know how frequent they are. But It's been about a year and a half, so hopefully we'll get another one soon! 🤞

tnt mentioned in a video a little while ago that there would be additional pet slots in the cash store at some point. no word on free slots, though, but i wouldnt expect them too soon. the fifth slot was added somewhere in the 2010-2015 range, so that's at least a 4-year gap between 5 slots and 6 slots.

6 hours ago, berriganify said:

tnt mentioned in a video a little while ago that there would be additional pet slots in the cash store at some point. no word on free slots, though, but i wouldnt expect them too soon. the fifth slot was added somewhere in the 2010-2015 range, so that's at least a 4-year gap between 5 slots and 6 slots.

We actually found the images for these and the slots are +1, +5 and +10. We don't know the prices of them but it seems like we will be getting a LOT of slots very soon. 

6 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

We actually found the images for these and the slots are +1, +5 and +10. We don't know the prices of them but it seems like we will be getting a LOT of slots very soon. 

wow, that's... an escalation. 😬 i wonder if there's any limit at all? and i also wonder how the user lookups are going to handle that, if they're not planning to release the overhauled lookups before the pet slots.

14 hours ago, berriganify said:

wow, that's... an escalation. 😬 i wonder if there's any limit at all? and i also wonder how the user lookups are going to handle that, if they're not planning to release the overhauled lookups before the pet slots.

The limit will be 16 for regular users and 20 for premium.

14 hours ago, jellysundae said:

They're removing the age limit for multiple pet transfers... I mean I understand why, but... *alarm bells ring* :worried:

I think it's temporary. They are removing all barriers to transfers to account for the massive amount of pet slots that will be available soon. I don't they said when they would reinstate them though.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Currently, I was working on getting a Chocolate Grarrl and Wocky. But I had a huge dip in my bank account due to an unfortunate mishap with a Yellow Wocky MP being used on my Plushie Kacheek. 😕 Note to self: be more careful when using MPs while groggy.

So for the time being, until I replenish my 5.9mil that I spent on getting my Plushie Kacheek back, I'm just zapping for fun now.

The only other time I got a chocolate zap was when I wasn't even trying and my lab rat turned into a Chocolate JubJub. And I bet my current lab rat will do the same, since I'm not even trying for a specific species/color.

• 3 weeks later...

My dream battle pet is a Steampunk Elephante, I'm yet to decide on a background etc. I have premium so I can enable a species change, but i'm not sure how i can use that to gain my dreamie, if anyone would be able to tell me some effective ways of using that to my advantage I'd be grateful, if not I'm continuing the grind until I can afford that Brush, or get a rainbow dip.

I have another pet but the name may be a little borderline to a drug reference, I adopted her from the pound. MaryJaneBoof. I don't want to get my hopes up with a customisation if it's going to get me iced etc, i'll just release her back into the pound  I guess. 

I look through the pound most days to see if there are nicely named pets, or awesome colours/stats pets that I can pick up to work with too, but the inspiration for those will come as they do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 4/26/2022 at 7:26 AM, archer2017 said:

My dream battle pet is a Steampunk Elephante, I'm yet to decide on a background etc. I have premium so I can enable a species change, but i'm not sure how i can use that to gain my dreamie, if anyone would be able to tell me some effective ways of using that to my advantage I'd be grateful, if not I'm continuing the grind until I can afford that Brush, or get a rainbow dip.

I have another pet but the name may be a little borderline to a drug reference, I adopted her from the pound. MaryJaneBoof. I don't want to get my hopes up with a customisation if it's going to get me iced etc, i'll just release her back into the pound  I guess. 

I look through the pound most days to see if there are nicely named pets, or awesome colours/stats pets that I can pick up to work with too, but the inspiration for those will come as they do.

I have a Steampunk Lenny up for adoption if that helps/you're still looking. Name is notcrashbandicoot, and you can send me a neomail on escrapunzel if you're interested.

• 4 months later...

well, not really a surprise i guess.  i wonder if they give warnings before they freeze someone.  i might have to re-word my gallery so that doesn't happen to my account.

I just checked out your gallery, and yeah, it probably wouldn't be a terrible idea. TnT have said isn't okay to get around the censors in the case of words like 'uncle' or 'grape' but not so much with actual expletives.

I think the way that things like that work is that stuff only goes before a mod once it's reported, and at that point it's basically up to that mod's decision on whether or not something is offensive, as well was what the punishment is. Hence why there's so many varying reports on what is or isn't allowed. And also why, if enough people report something even mildly offensive, it will eventually get the banhammer, as soon as it goes before a mod that isn't having it.

My suspicion is that the icing of that account probably isn't due to the pet's name, since in cases like those (especially when the pet in question is adopted from the pound), the pet usually just gets deleted.

• 7 months later...

Since coming back to neo I've been able to work on getting some dream pets and imagining new ones! Here's a short list of my obtained favs and goals:

Yasaj: My cute magma kougra with a valentine's bow and snow/xmas clothes for seasonal looks! I'm thinking of eventually painting her candy or woodland but I do love the magma for now

Spudoggo: I recently made this halloween lupe which was my dream pet as a kid, because werewolves are AWESOME! It was kinda an impulse creation when I was thinking of gallery themes and now I'm  in love with her. She lives in a cave and only eats potatoes. I love making backstories for my pets 😆

mimma I managed to get my 19 yr old account back after having it be frozen for a long time. I am excited to have mimma back, he was one of my favorite pets back then. He /was/ a ghost kyrii with a robot chassis on him, but with the frozen account return rules, the robot chassis technically got deleted. His picture still shows it because I haven't customized him since and a goal of mine is to get another set of robot chassis to put on him so I can change his background/add stuff if I want! I can't believe his old art/petpage made it through in tact lol. I'm too nostalgic to change it for now

Future Goals:

My biggest dream right now is a potato chia to match Spudoggo, which is ironic since I'm not a fan of chias but it would be such a perfect companion to her! 

I also want a nice Eyrie but I'm not sure what color I like best. Maybe an eventide, or transparent. Or plushie! I do want to have at least one plushie pet.