NC Mall-Yay or Nay?

rachiee

I like the idea, but I don't like the fact you don't have the option of buying the items with NP (ya they'd prolly be outrageous in price, but it should still have the option)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind the NC mall, but I doubt I will buy things from it, either. If they used the revenue from Lutari Island, the NC mall, and sponsor games, they should have been able to rid the site of ads... Ever since Viacom took it over, it's just become more and more commercial. A money-making thing, rather than something to delight and entertain. Mainly the reason I stick around is for my guild - it's nice to talk to people from all over.

I have no objections to the mall, in principle. I just think they should do away with the ads since they're using this more direct way to make money.

I think the NC Mall is yay, it's a good way to make money than putting on the cheesy ads. the stuff is real cool. But what gets me is that they're working on the customisation items for the NC mall, and not making enough NP wearbles, so some of the NP wearables are EXSPENSIVE. Ugh, I hate saving up for things.

Yeah the neopoint wearables are hard to find sometimes. And when you find it, it is way too expensive. :S

I don't recall the Neopoint wearables being worth that much.

Most are just worth a couple thousand.

Maybe 10k at most.

I have a lot of wearables, and they're all Neopoint wearables.

• 2 weeks later...

I used it once, just to see what it was like, and it's not that bad. I don't think I'd use it more than that, because otherwise it'd start being a ridiculous amount of money. But I can see the idea behind it, and I think it's probably more of a fun way of donating to Neopets than just handing money over. I think there should maybe be a bit more choice with what there is, but that's mainly my opinion. I don't like a lot of the stuff they've got in it, it just doesn't seem to suit.

On a philosophical level, I think Neopets started out a really cool site that everyone had the same advantages and once portal and NC mall started, some of the people who couldn't pay for things in RL were at a disadvantage, especially kids. There ise even an avatar you can only get by referring people (to purchase a subscription).

But I personally enjoy buying things. :oneeyed02:

• 2 weeks later...
So, are you for or against the NC Mall?

I'm one of those people who is for the NC Mall because 1, you're helping support the site if you buy stuff from the NC Mall (I think)-kinda like getting Premium, 2, you can buy awesome stuff for your Neopet and 3, instead of using Paypal to get Neocash, you can use the NC Cards instead. I was pretty disappointed when I learned we had to use paypal for the NC Mall-but instantly happy when NC Cards came into the world.

Post your opinion here.

Against, sorry. I can't get the products or Neocash Cards, I can't buy the Neocash. I have to play the Expellibox to get it... and I only get the Neopoints!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I support the NC Mall. For the price of a few McDonald's Happy Meals or two movie tickets, I can buy hundreds of Neocash points. Those Neocash points translate to nearly a dozen products that look good on my pets - and these products have no expiration dates.

More importantly, the NC Mall helps to support Neopets, which is one of the least expensive forms of entertainment and recreation that I have in my life.

Well as a filipino, i think its a waste of money, even if dollar rates are down. what will happen to your money when you get banned and all those neocash becomes useless. so i dont support it. Anyways, did you saw the anti neocash sign being sold for 5000 neocash? I think its funny hehehe

i'm mostly a "meh" towards the neomall. I think I pumped in 5 bucks ONCE, but then i just get the free stuff and go on from there. I do wish you could SELL items you bought from there because some things I have gotten I know I will never use again....just sucking space in my gallery I guess for ever and ever and ever.....

From a business point of view, it's brilliant, because it's bringing more money into the site and giving the 'consumers' more of what they want. Plus there's an endless supply of wearables, backgrounds, etc that they can come up with.

But for me personally, I'm not that crazy about it. While I'm all for supporting Neopets, I don't have the luxury of spending money that way, and I feel like I can splurge and dress up my pets pretty well with paintbrush clothes and NP items.

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but the NC Mall, along with all of the advertisements, makes Neopets seem a little less playful than a couple of years ago, and a lot more commercialized. :guiltysmiley:

• 2 weeks later...

Totally agree with the above poster. Yes, business wise it's GREAT for Neopets, but it kind of makes the game seem commercialized. I don't really see the point of having to pay cold, hard, real world cash just to get items on Neopets. What happened to saving up your neopoints to get an item you really want? Now, in order to get "certain" items, you have to pay real money for it.

One of the things I like about Neopets is that it's free, lol.

cooger

I COMPLETELY agree. The NC mall would be fine if there was a way to get NeoCash from Neopets, other than a rare win on the Quasalan Expellibox, but having to pay real money for it... What do they do with it anyway? And I don't see the point in paying real money for non-real items. I'm sticking with neopoints and NP items. Safer, more fun to get, and completely free!

~ Livvy

I'm generally against it xD Just my OPINION, but most wearables look tacky x-x All I have between all my pets is 1 necklace and 1 bandana from the NC Mall.

I don't really like it. D: I hate when sites start turning commercial, and before you know it you have to pay to have any sort of good feature. That hasn't happened to Neo, but I'm afraid that it could.

It'd be way better if you could buy the items for a certain amount of money AND a certain amount of NP (that would be a high amount of NP, but hey, it'd at least make the stuff available to those who don't want to buy.)

It'd be way better if you could buy the items for a certain amount of money AND a certain amount of NP (that would be a high amount of NP, but hey, it'd at least make the stuff available to those who don't want to buy.)

Neopets can't do that, unfortunately. :( They've clearly stated that they don't want even a hypothetical exchange ratio from NP to NC, and making NC Mall items available with NP, or vice versa, causes the exchange ratio to exist.

I will go with nay cuz come on, Why d we have to pay money for pixels, ok it iis fun and all but then what.

And anyway I cant even spent the FREE 150 nc cuz I live in dubai. *Stares hard at number 6*.

I am 100% for it, as well as for Premium. I can't exactly afford either at the moment (plus the exchange rate is terrible right now) but there are some gorgeous backgrounds I have my eye on in the mall...

Some people think it's unfair if they can't afford to pay real money for mall items and that's understandable. But myself as a web designer and developer (even though I only graduated in December, feels weird to consider myself a 'professional' or something) I know how expensive running a website can be. It makes me cringe to think how much money the Neopets servers costs per month. And the time spent! On games, new items, errors/glitches etc. (which are painful to fix at times, it can be something as simple as a . or ; in the wrong place and can take AGES to locate. Serious iritation). I'd say that's what the money goes to. Essential money and time TNT spend to keep Neopets the place we love.

Neocash is slightly more exciting than ads (they're ugly but they are amazing money makers) so I think it's a great idea. And really, there aren't that many things those who can't afford it are missing out on. I don't like wearables anyway. There are tons of awesome items to buy for neopoints. At least the mall doesn't sell paint brushes or certain types of pets, THAT would be worse than missing out on a few clothes or materials for Neohomes.

The NC mall taunts me with it's amazing wearables. Why, oh why could they not bring NC cards to England? WHY???

I like the NC Mall ^__^ I got a $10 NC card for Christmas and immediately went and spent the 1000 nc it gives you haha. Plus it gave me a rare item just for using the card. I agree that some of the wearable items are hideous x_x But I quite like the outfits I have bought for my pets ^^